Just not sure anymore, help please!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

happy15
    Participant
    October 3, 2015 at 3:55 pm #86435

I started dating a man three months ago. Things started off great and we get along wonderfully when we are together. He went on a month road trip with his daughter who is 15 and texted every day several times a day since they were gone. He recently started a new job and has been crazy busy so I’ve been patient and understanding when we can’t see each other although we do text everyday. My problem is it doesn’t seem like he is even trying anymore. We used to see each other a couple nights a week. The last couple of weeks he has used work or his daughter as an excuse. This morning he said he was going out to a venue I asked him to go with me to two weeks ago. When I mentioned that I had asked him and he never replied to my text, he said he doesn’t always read my texts. I’m frustrated at this point because he clearly had time to go out with friends tonight when he could spare me only an hour this morning and the bigger problem of not reading my texts. Should I just walk now?

Lisa094
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 2:47 am #86440

He’s probably losing interest in you or doesn’t want to move to fast in the relationship. Give him his space, don’t text or call him. Let him miss you. Just live your life and I’m pretty sure he’ll come around.

Crissie414
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 8:17 am #86454

Yea, my boyfriend does the same with me and i only been with him for 5 months. He finally turned around when i did the no contact rule, and he acknowledged, himself, that he wasnt paying much attention and even apologized to me.

Anonymous
    October 4, 2015 at 8:37 am #86456

I think he’s losing interest in you dear

RadicalDreamer
    RadicalDreamer
    Participant
    October 4, 2015 at 3:32 pm #86463

Unless you’ve already agreed to be exclusive with this guy, you could just start seeing other people without even necessarily walking from this one.

Juliette93
    Participant
    October 13, 2015 at 1:39 am #86823

It’s scary to imagine but he may be losing interest

Paulstev
    Participant
    October 13, 2015 at 7:09 am #86827

Yep like people here said.
    Start seeing other people, if he wants you, he’ll come back.

Valentina
    Participant
    October 22, 2015 at 6:21 pm #87230

They always know when they ‘have you’. Remember, he’s a hunter and if it’s too easy, he ll lose interest.

kitty01
    Participant
    October 23, 2015 at 2:49 pm #87279

I would try to move on. He doesn’t seem like he’s worth it to be waiting around for him to answer a text when he admitted he doesn’t even read them. You can do better

M235M
    Participant
    October 24, 2015 at 12:45 am #87302
    Reply To: Just not sure anymore, help please!

There are a lot of guys around that are terrified to hurt people’s feelings and won’t (or in some cases can’t) break up with women. They just kind of disappear and wait for you to lose interest and stop contacting him. I guess I would just stop sending your texts and see what happens. Or if you’re more of the proactive type you could ask him if that is the case. You could help him to grow by making it easier on him to end things though if he is truly phobic about it he may not admit to having a problem in the first place and will continue to pull away from you….

pops09
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 3:11 pm #87777

Speak to him and be upfront and if he still does not changehe is clearly not worth your time.

mgds
    Participant
    November 2, 2015 at 7:07 pm #87794

If I were you, move on now before its too late