Just wants to be friends

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Just wants to be friends

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2018 at 12:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

carpenter.j1990
    Participant
    December 28, 2017 at 1:08 pm #161073
    Just wants to be friends

So I was seeing this girl, she was dating my brothers wifes brother. She wanted out of that relationship so she moved in with my brother and wife in a new state where I live. Well we started hanging out as friends then we started holding hands and kissing and staying the night with each other and even let her meet my mom. Well the other day she said that she wanted to go back to being friends because she was unsure of what she wanted as in where she wanted to live, she said she didn’t want back with her ex but they do still talk from time to time. She never said she wanted to be with me even when we were acting like we were dating but her actions spoke loudly. Now I have fallen for her and I don’t know what to do or how to act. Please any advice would be nice thank you.

From Outer Space
    From Outer Space
    Participant
    December 28, 2017 at 7:05 pm #161078

She wants a friend? Then be a the best friend to her that you can be. If she wants more than that with you, follow her lead.

A breakup from a committed relationship is traumatic. You don’t know what to think, and your feelings swing wildly from minute to minute. You’re a mess. It will take time for your friend to level out again.

Best of luck.

carpenter.j1990
    Participant
    December 29, 2017 at 6:08 am #161093

Thank you for your advice, her ex use to abusive to her so I know she has a lot going on and she is still semi young she is 22. All I want is for her to be happy. I have never had a woman make me feel the way she has and for her to shut me out like that really hurts but its my fault that I let myself fall for her so quickly I guess.

Phxguy13
    Participant
    December 29, 2017 at 6:33 am #161094

This might not be a similar situation but I need some advice. I’ve been seeing this girl for about a month now. We hang out almost every day since we met. We’ve gone on a few dinner dates, a movie and lunches and drinks. She just broke up with her ex about a week before we met
    Tonight was my birthday and had dinner with about 13 of my friends that she attended. We kiss all the time, in the car when I pick her up, drop her off and sometimes at dinner. But never when were out in public cuz she says she doesn’t like pda. But she doesn’t refer to me as her bf, and tells me she doesn’t like labels. We havnt had sex yet nor has she even slept over. She tells me she likes me but doesn’t want a relationship or at least put labels on us. Unfortunately yes I’ve been spoiling her. But I can’t tell what’s going on since she texts and calls me all the time and we see eachother almost every day. But after a month of only kissing, I feel I see the signs but need advice

January 1, 2018 at 1:38 pm #161155

Yeah, I know how much the “I just want to be friends” thing can hurt. I’ve been there too. We all have. But it’s really never a complicated problem, and it doesn’t have a complicated solution.

It’s very simple: If you’re willing to be her friend, and can be her friend without any additional hopes or expectations, then be her friend.

If you can’t — if you’re always going to be hoping for more at some point in the future — then don’t. Sever all ties and be done with it. Yeah, it sucks, and yeah, she’ll think so too if she really wants to be your friend, but in the long run it’ll be less painful for both of you.

I know it never seems that simple when you’re in the middle of living it. But it really is that simple.

Heister
    Participant
    January 2, 2018 at 3:05 am #161175

Sounds messed up stay away

carpenter.j1990
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 8:57 am #161318
    Reply To: Just wants to be friends

Here’s an update,
    Well I’m moving on from her. I gotta let her go, we had a serious talk and her ex is coming to see her and they are going to try and work things out. I knew that all this was over him. She also told me that if it doesn’t work out with him then she is moving in with her mom in LA Cali. Thank you all for the advice now I just gotta man up and move on.

chacham
    Participant
    January 3, 2018 at 9:10 pm #161460

Hello, in this modern age to be a friend of numerous people is quite easy. There are lots of social medias available in the internet where one can be a friend of crore in a day and possible to build a strong friendship.

Anonymous
    January 6, 2018 at 7:40 pm #161761

If you seek relationship go to s18.su

gkar18
    Participant
    January 6, 2018 at 8:19 pm #161768

be her friend as long as u can handle it

Brad556
    Participant
    January 7, 2018 at 8:16 pm #161778

Being a friend is great – messing with another man’s woman – not so great. Keep healthy boundaries and you both will be happier. Just because you like someone does not mean you were meant to date – especially if they are involved with or have feelings (of any kind) for someone else.