Kind Of A Weird Scenario That I Need Advice On

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:29 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

boondocks924
    Participant
    September 24, 2017 at 1:37 pm #150108

Hi everyone, new here and was hoping to get some advice. There’s a little back story needed. Apologize in advance for the long post.

I run a business and there’s a woman who works at a different company than mine, but who has had some professional overlap with ours. Basically, she’s not my main point of contact at that company, but we have had to work together as a big group on some projects. However, we are friends on Facebook and Instagram and she consecutively likes most of posts (as do I for hers).

Anyways, I met her over a year ago and every now and then I reach out to her for help on something that I need to get done. Very sweet woman and we chat on a personal level every now an then. Her and her team came into my office the other day and had a big group meeting. After the meeting, we were chatting and she lives very close to me. I was giving her advice on startups (which is what I am in) because she was thinking about moving onto a different company.

(CONTINUED IN REPLY BELOW)

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  boondocks924.

boondocks924
    Participant
    September 24, 2017 at 1:45 pm #150114

I sent her a Facebook message the next day saying that we didn’t have a chance to finish our conversation about startups & how’d she like to meet up for coffee or happy hour this week to chat? She said she’d love to! So we’re meeting this week, but our connection has mostly been professional to date. We haven’t really chatted via text or anything other than just to confirm the date to meetup, but seem to have good chemistry when chatting in person or on the phone.

So my main question: How do I grab happy hour with her and make it known that my intention is not to just help her with her career but also get to know more her on a personal level? I don’t want her to be angry or think I had misguided intentions. I just want to get to know her and see where it goes? I just got out of a long term relationship a week before & am not ready to jump into anything unless it’s right. However, I have had an interest in her since before my past relationship started.

Thanks!

surfergirl178
    Participant
    September 26, 2017 at 4:16 am #150341

i would just see where things go. don’t push it cause it will ruin the professionalism and your client out of it. if she acts interested try to act interested and see where things go. but if it stays professional. dont push anything