Kinda angry

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Kinda angry

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

doubledutch
    Participant
    December 31, 2016 at 12:05 am #121326
    Kinda angry

So I approached this lady at whole foods who I found really attractive. I gave her a compliment and said she was beautiful, she smiled and said thank you. I asked for her number, to which she replied come back when I finish my shift which was in about 2 hours and I’ll give you the number. So I said ok, and then came back later to get the number. Now I noticed when I approached her she didn’t really seem excited to see me, but regardless told me to meet her outside of the wholefoods, and she gave me the number. She then tells me to make SURE I DO NOT LOSE THIS NUMBER, and I said I won’t. So I walked away feeling good because she mentioned she doesn’t want me to lose it. I call her up and no response, the same the next day, and then I left a voice mail. No response. Why would that bitch tell me to not lose the number if she had no plans on calling me back?

Yvgeniy
    Participant
    January 1, 2017 at 10:41 pm #121357

Its all a matter of time now but to be honest I wouldnt border to much about her. If she response then good but I wouldnt count on it and by now already moving on.

mistic011
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 12:51 am #121358

Goodluck..!

rachaelblackmore
    Participant
    January 2, 2017 at 11:34 am #121327

who knows why people do what they do. We can’t answer that, so the only thing you have any control over is your response to this. You’re angry, understandably, because she appears to have played a game with you, and that must feel horrible, but you need to try to accept the situation for what it appears to be and decide on what you’ll do now, and then do it. That might just be to forget her and move on, but only you can decide that.

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 8:17 am #121425

The coming back in two hours thing was just trying to put you off. How hard is it to give someone your number? Not that hard.

That said, I think you’re taking an awful hard way to meet someone. Who has met a couple that said the man asked her out at the grocery store? Its usually through friends, a club, church, work etc. So many people are taken. Then you have the problem of unless you are especially good looking the cold approach is unlikely to work. If you are really good looking and she is a little below your level she may just think it won’t work out because you’re a player or out of her league or whatever.

People who are just outside of your social circle are best. They have some familiarity with you, but if things don’t work out you don’t have to see them everyday.

doubledutch
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 12:19 pm #121455

Thanks guys, and aces I think you are right, cold approaching is fairly difficult and there’s no real way of knowing who that person really is.. atleast in the context of a school,church, or other setting you can analyze them and read their energy more.. And you’re definitely right about the whole 2 hour thing, I thought it was fishy and should have saw that as a sign to cut my losses.. but I’m inexperienced and she saw that probably, and decided to mentally play games with me for whatever reason.

swithin
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 7:46 pm #121556

Don’t get too worked up by it, I say just move on

swithin
    Participant
    January 3, 2017 at 7:47 pm #121557

Definitely commend you for following through though, very brave

chronicllysingle
    chronicllysingle
    Participant
    January 4, 2017 at 5:33 pm #121753

Just move on if she’s not responding. A lot of people are passive aggressive, she may not have wanted to tell you to get lost to your face and ignoring your calls is easier. It’s possible she gets hit on all the time and was surprised you showed up again…again just move on, there are other fish in the sea.

AcesDJD
    Participant
    January 5, 2017 at 12:56 am #121776
    Reply To: Kinda angry

No harm double, a good learning experience. If you are inexperienced some cold approaches will probably be good practice for you, but it depends on your mindset. If you can go into it thinking “I’m going to have a little fun, flirt with this woman and maybe get her number, but she’s likely taken” no harm. If you get down on yourself when it fails, then probably avoid doing them.