kissing on the first date- HELP please

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:22 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MoneyTree
    MoneyTree
    Participant
    December 5, 2012 at 3:30 pm #18219

I met a girl on okCupid and we’re going on a date this weekend and I’m a bit nervous. Any dating tips on what I should do? Like I think we’re gonna hit it off, we get a long so well online and we’ve been texting each other a lot so I think we’re gonna click! I’m excited to get close to her and get to know her better, think it’d be a bad idea to kiss on the first date? I know I’m jumping the gun but I’m trying to plan it out before I get to the date itself 🙂

Any advice will help! thanks!

bubblyjo
    bubblyjo
    Participant
    December 6, 2012 at 10:09 am #18300

I bet it’ll be really exciting! Treat it like any real first date, and think about it-you really don’t KNOW this girl, she could be some wild or boring person and could be completely opposite of what you’ve imagined her to be.

I’m not trying to be too harsh, just want you to remain realistic. Be respectful, DON’T jump the gun and take it slow! If you’re really excited and it seems like it’s gonna be a hit, don’t move on too quickly. Even when it seems like a kiss goodbye might be right, it never hurts to save it until next time, nothing wrong with building the suspense for date #2 !

isis_brown
    isis_brown
    Participant
    December 13, 2012 at 6:18 pm #18784

Don’t just jump in heads first, you can really take your time with any new relationship. Don’t rush it just because you have some online chemistry, it might be different in person.

MoneyTree
    MoneyTree
    Participant
    December 17, 2012 at 4:05 pm #18954

so the date went really well! We went to a nearby holiday party and had a great time socializing with others. She’s very outgoing and was great with my other friends. We’ve been out on 2 other official dates and I DID wait on kissing her on the first one 🙂

We both knew it’d be worth it to wait. We have kissed though, it was when we met out at a bar and I dropped her off at home where it happened. We both smiled after and we’ve been texting ever since. I’m pretty happy!