Lack of interest after first date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    February 20, 2013 at 10:06 am #23115

This post was sent in by Norma Jean. Can anybody help her out?

I am a 60yr old divorced twice female. I have dated many men from a online dating site. My problem seems to be a lack of interest after the first date from most men I date. Im told Im attractive and very personable, intellegent with a fun sense of humor. I try to be honest and kind etc…. I’ve had so many first dates and then dont hear from then again or a few dates and find myself making all the effort to keep it going with no real interest from the other half. I dont get it. I have read all the self help books and tapes and the dos and donts of dating. Im doing something wrong and dont have a clue where the problem starts. Help!!

MaddieLine
    MaddieLine
    Participant
    February 22, 2013 at 11:54 am #23486

Maybe you’re coming off a bit too desperate? Maybe you’re saying too much on the first date and not leaving a guy to wonder what the second date might be about. It’s ok to know what kind of man you’re looking for and to have a plan but sometimes men are scared off too easily when all they see is a clingy woman…I’m only assuming here so if I’m way off, let me know. There aren’t many details in your post.

PeytonMan
    PeytonMan
    Participant
    February 26, 2013 at 10:52 am #23672

I agree with the little lady. Take it easy on the first date, if guys are being scared off a lot it’s probably is because you’re saying too much right off the bat. It’s ok to weed out the men you don’t see potential with but don’t lay out your guts on the dinner table.Make sure you’re compatible after a couple dates then make a decision. Don’t make him call all the shots, you have just as much say.

ItsRobA
    Participant
    March 15, 2013 at 12:36 am #25990

Are you waiting for them to contact you, or are you making contact with them after the first date? If you text message, I’d say there’s nothing wrong with sending a text a few days after the first date just saying hi, and seeing where it goes. Let them know you enjoyed the date, and see how they respond. I’d recommend waiting a few days if there wasn’t an instantaneous, obvious chemistry on both sides; otherwise if you try contacting them too quickly, it may scare them off. I don’t know your entire situation though, so I’m mostly speaking generally.