Lack of sex

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Lack of sex

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

southernbelle
    Participant
    November 24, 2015 at 2:07 pm #88947
    Lack of sex

I’ve been dating my boyfriend for about 3 months. He is 32 and I’m 23. We used to have sex pretty regular. Now it’s like dropped off the face of the earth and we have sex maybe once every two weeks. It’s starting to give me a complex. I need advice as to how to approach a conversation with him about it.

PGorganic
    Participant
    November 25, 2015 at 1:02 am #88975

Don’t be shy about it. Tell him, see if something is wrong. If nothing is wrong then you guys should take some time away from everything together. Spend the day on a hike or something. Most of the time when this happens it’s because of work, stress, etc. Happy people have more sex.

Anonymous
    November 28, 2015 at 9:27 am #89021

Talk to him about it

Anonymous
    November 28, 2015 at 9:28 am #89063

Stop having contact and/or sex with this user. Just drop off the face of his world. See how much effort he puts into making contact. Oh, initially he will try because his ego is bruised but if you wait several weeks after he calls, and then accept a date, see how his passion displays. If he is all over you, he is a player and does not want a relationship

Christy_35
    Participant
    December 4, 2015 at 9:02 am #89356

I’m 35 and the guy I’ve been seeing for a couple months is 34. His sex drive fluctuates between high and non-existent. I think his is because of work. He has a long commute and works long days. But, honestly, it could be he’s second guessing our relationship because of work. We’ve only dated a few months and his career is really busy. It just might not be the right time for him and he needs his space to think. Yup, I’ve thought quite a bit about my situation. I’m in the same boat and trying to figure out how to handle. Do I bring it up or let him be for a couple weeks and just let him focus on work. I don’t need sex to survive, I’ll just go to the gym…a lot. lol

Is your guy going through something stressful right now? Do you see him and talk to him regularly still?

TheOne111
    Participant
    December 6, 2015 at 6:22 am #89543

Find another one or try talking to him about it and see how he feels.

Harry Wilmington
    Harry Wilmington
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 10:31 am #90646

Here’s how you approach it: go to your guy and say “Hey, just wanted to run something by you… I feel like we’ve been less imitate lately, and wanted to know if you’ve felt the same? And if so, what can we do to spend more ‘quality time’ together?”

Here’s the thing: as guys, we don’t take hints well. We need things spelled out for us. So, if you feel like the sex in your relationship has waned, WE WON’T KNOW unless you TELL us. A guy that cares for you WANTS to hear your concerns and do what he can to make things better.

KrazyKutie83
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 10:55 am #90679

Yeah, you should just ask him about it. A 32 year old man should not be disinterested in sex.

mazman
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 7:35 pm #90700

If you have a high sexual appetite and he doesn’t, move on. You can talk about it but he has already proved he doesn’t. I am straight forward from day one that I want it twice a day. That being said I have become more tolerable lately upon the advice of my friends who are girls. However, I do get upset about it from time to time and it has ended relationships.