Ladies insight needed please!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:12 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JD
    Participant
    May 18, 2016 at 7:15 pm #100754

So here’s the problem, I have a big thing for a woman at work. A couple of weeks before we were all due to go out on a works night out, she found out me liking her. Long story short she came out anyway and eventually we got talking. She was due to start work at 9 on Monday and was talking about leaving, I asked her to stay out a bit longer & she decided she would, as the night went on it ended up so there was only three of us left, her, me & another guy. When we left I asked her if she’d like to get a taxi with me as I lived not too far from hers, she agreed & I told her not worry about paying, she smiled & tried to refuse, I said why don’t we go for something to eat & you can pay for desserts or a drinks. She agreed & just before I got out I said I’d give her my number. She gave me her phone & I called mine etc. I text her when I got in, “don’t worry about splitting the fare”, she replied, “I’ve not split it but I feel really bad because it’ll have cost you a lot, sorry 🙈”

JD
    Participant
    May 18, 2016 at 7:24 pm #100755

I replied saying,”don’t apologise, it gives me an excuse to take you out.” I sent this at 1 in the morning straight after hers & so she didn’t respond. But she didn’t respond the next day either, that evening I sent her another message, “So I was wondering Miss globe trotting, kitchen running, soon to be doctor extraordinaire!! When might you be free to let me take you out for a meal? Because I know this great little place that does amazing food, in a fantastic location, in the heart of the city, I think you’d really like it.” Now she didn’t respond for two days, in fact I only got her response today at 21:00. This is what she wrote, “Hellooo I’m so sorry for texting back so late – my life has just been in the library these past few days 😰😰 well I have this next essay due in two weeks today and I’m also working nearly every day so would it would be better for me to go after the 1st of June if that’s ok?” What I’d like to know is,does she really want to go on a date orjust being polite?

Louie97
    Participant
    May 20, 2016 at 11:44 pm #100913

mhhhm.. it’s kinda hard to tell if she accepted the invitation out of a genuine desire to go out with you or just based on politeness. But as a female I would probably guess that those two days in which she didnt respond could mean that she was busy with her essay in truth..but a part of me is thinking that she used that time to think about if she truly wanted to go with you or not…before she responded to you. Lol reminds me of something I would do if I dont have an instant reply…she probably wanted time to think it through.

EmmaSwan
    EmmaSwan
    Participant
    May 23, 2016 at 9:14 am #100953

Shes not interested. People!! Good Lord its the same questions over and over again and its always the same answer: If theyre not texting you theyre NOT interested.

DUH.

Lori88
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 10:53 pm #101281

Not texting back isnt necessarily a sign she isn’t interested. I know I can be a total space cadet when it comes to texting people back sometimes. Her response though tells me that she might not be interested and is trying not to hurt your feelings. As a woman, if a guy I was interested in asked me out to dinner I would make time to go out with him, no matter how busy I was (unless I was in the midst of some sort of serious crisis), even if it was just for a quick coffee. I would wait it out until the 1st, invite her out again and she what she says (if she has another excuse at that point then she is definitely not interested), and hopefully let her get to know you more. If she still doesn’t seem interested after that then it’s time to move on.