DATING ADVICE FORUM

LDR – Worth it?

Author
    Comments

• LGconfused
    Participant
    September 9, 2016 at 9:25 am #110877
    LDR – Worth it?

Not sure if this is even considered a LDR since we are only about 95 miles apart (about 1.45 hour drive).
    Anyway…we have been seeing each other for a little over a month. The first time we met half-way however since then he has come up to me.
    Wednesday late at night we were texting he was out with friends and he was telling me how much he wished he was with me at that moment. He apologized several times about the distance and that we were so far. His words “this long distance is horrible”. So I responded and said I wish we were together at the moment as well. I also asked if he felt the distance was a problem and if we should stop seeing each other now? He asked me if that is how I felt? I said NO…that I would not expect him to come to me all the time and I would make the trip to see him if he wanted me to. He didn’t respond to that text till the next day…he apologized and said he got home late and went to bed…but that he did want to discuss my last text when he wasn’t so busy. That was yesterday afternoon and I haven’t heard from him.
    Does it sound like he is reconsidering this relationship due to the distance? We both have kids but we have managed to see each other weekends and weekdays so far. Did I mess up by asking that question? I just don’t want to invest anymore if the distance will be a problem.

JuliaPsy
    Participant
    September 9, 2016 at 4:50 pm #110931

just wait and see what he says I guess. but don’t feel bad about asking. the earlier things are defined, the better.. in my opinion