Leaving the flakes where they fall…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

vivrant__thing
    Participant
    October 5, 2015 at 12:49 am #86481

Went on a date with a guy. He insisted on the date over and over. When we go on the date, he has the enthusiasm of a turtle. I try to initimate conversation, but he responds and then says nothing… Oh great! Another socially inept guy who wants to torture you to death with his silence 😄.
    After the date he sends the scripted, “I had a great time”. I said ditto. Theres no attraction so I delete the number. Two weeks later, Im on vacation and he texts me asking how’s it going. I said “great,” keeping things on an even keel. If he has little to say, so do I. When I came back from vacation last week, he kept asking can we go out again. In my head im thinking, ” you had nothing to talk anout or even ask about me, but you wanna go on another date?”*confused face*. I agree to the date and he flakes on me. He begged for another chance and blah blah blah. Today we’re supposed to go out, if he pulls the card again, Im ditching him. He flaked again and i told him kick rocks. Thoughts?

AlwaysSummerTime
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 2:02 pm #86650

You sound kind of disrespectful. If you don’t like him, don’t go out with him.

Spartan117
    Spartan117
    Participant
    October 7, 2015 at 5:11 pm #86670

Ugh he seems boring. Kick rocks 🙂

vivrant__thing
    Participant
    October 10, 2015 at 2:57 pm #86761

How dare I say a boring date is boring?! *gasp* Even further, how dare I hesitate to want to go on a second date with a man, who has the enthusiasm of a snail on Date #1. Some brute I am.

JoePanther2001
    Participant
    October 11, 2015 at 9:02 am #86767

My two suggestions would be to either just tell him you’re not interested and move on, or if you actually go out again, go do a activity like bowling, throwing darts, shooting pool, or something of that nature. Why do a dinner when you know there’s going to be awkward silence, when you can play some bowling, put a friendly wager out there and talk some smack?