Like a girl who just got out of a very long relationship.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• GSwayne
    Participant
    May 7, 2017 at 12:23 pm #135628

A few months back I met a girl while attending formal training for the military. We talked a lot but mostly because we were going to be stationed at the same location. Once we got back home, we started talking a lot, mostly texting because she was put on a different shift. It turns out that just a few weeks before we began training, she went through a divorce that ended a 10 year relationship. Normally I would cut my losses but she is an absolute delight to be around. It seemed like for the first time, I could talk to someone and be myself. We enjoy the same jokes, TV shows, ect. In my mind, she is the “one” Unfortunately, after a night of adult beverages, I told her that I was crushing on her and she sent me a very long message telling me that she can’t be in a relationship and wants to be alone for “a very long time” and that she likes me and it has absolutely nothing to do with me. So what now? How do I be patient while also staying in the back of her mind?

ThisIsMyLife
    Participant
    May 7, 2017 at 4:20 pm #135630

She’s probably just trying to guard her heart from all the pain she went through with a divorce after 10 years of a relationship. I don’t doubt that she doesn’t like you but relationships are all about timing. You should respect her space because if you don’t allow her to cope over her divorce and rebuild her life again, it will cause problems later in the relationship. It’s better for her to sort out her feeling now before she enters into another relationship. If you guys are meant to be together, then no distance, amount of time, or any other life circumstance will keep you apart. Offer her your friendship and that’s all you can do.