Liking a Guy Who Lives an Hour Away

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:33 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Leah Louu
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 8:08 pm #78569

So about two months ago I went to visit my friend who goes to college an hour away. We ended up staying at her boyfriend’s place because he has an apartment instead of a dorm since there was four of us. While we were making supper, one of his roommates came home and into my life. We started talking and immediately I liked him. We eventually all went out to a bar and we sat across from each other. We ended up drinking the same drink (woodchuck because it’s cheaper) and we bonded over that. We talked some more and he was mainly only talking to me. We went back to the apartment and we couldn’t sleep and stayed up for hours just talking. Eventually we went to bed and I leaned over to my friend and went “kinda interested…” and she goes “he’s single!”

In the morning it was the same. We laughed and talked until around 4 when he had to go to work. Shortly after I friended him on facebook (as did my other friends so i wasn’t the only one) he added me and commented on a picture of my cat

Leah Louu
    Participant
    May 6, 2015 at 8:11 pm #78570

which was from a couple of months ago, so he had to go through my pictures to find it. Then he messaged me on facebook and we started talking, eventually he gave me his number. Now I don’t know where to go from here. I really like him and we talk a little bit, not every single day. He graduated this year and is moving home which is about the same distance from me as the college is. Do you think I should pursue this? I don’t know if he actually likes me and I have one more year left of college. I just want someone to tell me what they think and what they would do. I really appreciate it!

GoodbyetoYesterday
    Participant
    May 8, 2015 at 1:10 pm #78626

An hour isn’t bad. That depends–I’d have to really, really like someone to travel and hour a few times a week to see someone. I did it before, and it’s a bit of a nuisance when you’re only about 75% into it.

chihanasuisai
    Participant
    May 8, 2015 at 11:23 pm #78658

Yeah I drive about an hour to get to school every day anyway so an hour isn’t that big of a deal, personally… I think it depends on how you guys feel about making the drive…

ClearAsMud
    Participant
    May 11, 2015 at 9:41 am #78721

I currently live an hour & a half away from my current “friend” & we make time to travel to meet……If it’s a challenge, try meeting up half way between to the two locations….. Also try meeting at different locations to keep things new….Good luck!

mjsahu
    Participant
    May 11, 2015 at 11:01 am #78725

Hmm, so you really like this guy and he is kind of a person you wanted. I will say go for it. Get to know each other more likes and dislikes and whatever comes to your mind which would make his hand to type on reply. An hour distance isn’t big deal if you like this guy very much. Try not to push and stay amazed with each others thoughts and experiences of life. This will eventually help you build a strong base of your relationship. And you know a building which has strong base lasts forever.

Hope this will help you.

JeffS
    Participant
    May 11, 2015 at 4:42 pm #78730

I’ve done long distance relationships an hour away twice. Once was with a medical school student who was in her last year. She was moving close to me for her residency. We were committed to seeing each other often and things worked out for a long time. When she was an hour away, we only were able to see each other on weekends, but she made herself available and I was willing to work around her busy schedule. When she moved closer, I saw her all the time and she almost moved in and we talked about marriage, etc (unfortunately it never happened).
    The other was a lawyer who was glued to her office and her area. We saw each other for 4 months and she couldn’t even commit to seeing me most weekends. We couldn’t meet up even in a half way point because she was always busy.
    It can work out, you just need to be committed to seeing each other on a regular basis, otherwise it might as well be an online/distance relationship.

thatguycladen
    Participant
    May 12, 2015 at 8:56 pm #78807

That’s tough. Just know long distance relationships require twice the effort!

pajkoska
    Participant
    May 13, 2015 at 12:46 pm #78836

1 hour isnt bad at all. my boyfriend and I lived 13 hours from each other and he would drive up to see me as often as possible. now we live together =]