Liking a girl who might move away in a year

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

supernova88
    Participant
    July 3, 2014 at 6:26 pm #56759

I’m senior staff at a camp, and I’m working with a girl who I’ve come to like. We have a lot in common and get along great. She also appreciates the way I look out for her. I’m looking forward to hanging out outside work, and I hope this lasts beyond summer. She’s attending school nearby, and I’m debating asking her out after summer ends (it’d be wrong to start now, especially if things don’t work out). However, she’s already accepted to a program in Florida starting a year from now. I’m not one for long distance relationships and I don’t think it’s right to start dating someone who I know will be leaving one day, nor do I think it’s right to force her to choose between me (assuming it were to work out) and this program she’s earned. I want something long lasting and I’m afraid I need to let this one go (i.e. just be friends). Or should I take a risk knowing the future isn’t written? She said she’s partly going because she has nothing tying her down here. Maybe that could be me?

Anonymous
    July 4, 2014 at 12:05 am #56767

Yes it could and those are the signs she is giving to show that she really want you and her to be together but ladies normally want for the man to make his move so don’t let a good one slip away plus you share the same characteristics. Better start dating from now so see has a reason to stay.

secret123789
    Participant
    July 8, 2014 at 11:35 pm #56970

Honestly I agree with what hikeno said don’t let a good one get away.

ashleysv
    Participant
    July 9, 2014 at 12:35 am #56971

^ Genius advice from all.

marinebean
    Participant
    July 10, 2014 at 9:21 am #57039

It is rare to find a woman who is direct in her communication. I think that is the case here.

I think her comment “nothing tying her down here” was a hint; I find women like to give hints.

Tell her you interesting in going out after camp ends and tell her WHY. She will respect you for that. You will also put the ball in her court.

Take is from someone who has “one that got away”… don’t let it happen to you.

Good luck!

adorbmommy11
    Participant
    July 10, 2014 at 10:25 pm #57163

Yes! We only live once! Go get her! Good luck!

Anonymous
    July 11, 2014 at 8:29 am #57083

That so true maybe she is saying that she is going to move away for you to make your move, she don’t want to just say let start date that’s no the style of a real lady.

VintageGore
    Participant
    July 11, 2014 at 7:37 pm #57308

Agree with everyone else.

CadenceMarcl
    Participant
    July 17, 2014 at 11:12 am #57652

if you see something special to her don’t let her go. ask her out. Who knows what will happen in the future.

ptb415
    Participant
    July 20, 2014 at 12:21 am #57834
    Reply To: Liking a girl who might move away in a year

Give it a shot! You never know what could happen.