Long Distance confusion

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Long Distance confusion

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

keythinaz
    Participant
    August 2, 2017 at 9:24 am #143959
    Long Distance confusion

Met 3 1/2 months ago online.1900 miles apart. 2 visits. He paid to visit and have me visit. We have talked, video chatted, texted every single day since. Both in are 50’s. He was in a 17yr relationship.2 years single. Me, single for 17. He is a action over words type guy, I am both.We have not had sex despite 9 sleeping nights together. It’s on my part that we haven’t.
    I think I have messed this up but he’s hanging in there.
    What’s wrong with me ?

keythinaz
    Participant
    August 2, 2017 at 9:36 am #143962

part #2…
    I led a full sexual life only meeting, dating one person in 17 years after the death of my partner of 9.years. He leads a full rounded gay life with friends and family. I lead a life of no gay friends and only straight friends who I am out to plus my family.
    He is quiet, very low key, very thoughtful, polite and very attentive. I am quiet but silly at times and much more talkative.
    I have fallen for him.

keythinaz
    Participant
    August 3, 2017 at 9:16 am #143977

I thought it too quick but he came to visit me within the 1st month. After meeting, talking, doing some things it was time to go to bed. After some cuddling, talking , a little touchy feely stuff, we fell asleep. But, I woke up. I then went to my couch , lit a cig and contemplated us. He awoke and came over to me and asked me whats wrong. I wasn’t honest at all. I said nothing I just cant sleep. It’s been 17 years for me to sleep with someone. I did this the next 2 nights. Flash forward and I go visit him. I do it again, every night. I kept waking, going out to smoke, contemplating.then crawl back in.At this point I know I’m “holding out”. I want to him to know that I’m not “easy”, yet the juices are really flowing for him and vice versa. We took a shower together but only once. I messed up , didn’t I ? There’s more but I’ll stop here.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 4, 2017 at 12:05 pm #144300

if yuo’re still seeing each other and still makeing plans to – how did you mess up?
    i just told this to a friend of mine for another situation. I read a great quote from a great person one day and i’ll never forget it.

“Pride and ego get in the way of real progress” or somethign like that.

we need to let go of pride, ego, “our image”, “what people think of us” in ruling our lives.
    Instead we need to do what makes us happy and makes us want to wake up and live the next day.

The hard part is figuring out what that is.
    The biggest mistake we’ll ever have – is figuring out and then denying ourselves that.

Is there any reason beyond “i don’t want to appear easy” that you are holding back? Are you afraid that perhaps once it happens he’s gone?