long distance dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

long distance dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:16 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

candycorn52
    candycorn52
    Participant
    November 10, 2012 at 6:55 pm #15607
    long distance dating

I had dated a boyfriend for a good 6-8 months, half of the time was long distance because he moved schools but being 2 state lines away was torture. I hate to think we had to break something off because of that only. What if he was the one? We got along just fine but our schedules never matched 🙁

Caroline
    Caroline
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 1:05 pm #16073

honey booboo don’t you fret. I hate it when I hear it but “there’s plenty of fish in the sea” If anything keep a strong friendship with your long distance beau and maybe in the future you will meet again!

candycorn52
    candycorn52
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 2:30 pm #17023

Yea, it is something I hear a lot too. I’d rather move on but even now, I can’ stop thinking about it. I have a lot of things on my plate but it gets my a bit sad when I think of him.

carlycatz
    carlycatz
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 2:43 pm #17027

Now you get to chat and hang out with your girlfriends, you can meet new people. It’s less expensive when you don’t have a BF, believe me!

sara
    sara
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 11:57 pm #17101

Yea, it is something I hear a lot too. I’d rather move on but even now, I can’ stop thinking about it. I have a lot of things on my plate but it gets my a bit sad when I think of him.

I can understand your situation as even I have gone through that stage in life. However, now after 2 years of breakup I am a bit stable. I would just say that it will take time to come back to your own self. Take care.

stevie
    stevie
    Participant
    November 24, 2012 at 1:41 pm #17175

This is tough. If you can’t get together enough to see if the spark turns into something more, it is hard to know if he is the one or not. I would say agree to see other people. If he is indeed the one, you will gravitate back to each other.

broomhilda
    broomhilda
    Participant
    November 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm #17681

This is tough. If you can’t get together enough to see if the spark turns into something more, it is hard to know if he is the one or not. I would say agree to see other people. If he is indeed the one, you will gravitate back to each other.

YEa, agreed!

Anonymous
    August 1, 2014 at 9:52 pm #58704

Mostly, Many of the men and women are getting together through online dating.

Peaches706
    Peaches706
    Participant
    August 2, 2014 at 5:13 pm #58724

I personally dealt with a long distance relationship and my guy found a love interest that was local to him. Not saying your dude would do it…. but that what happened to me.

kcmay
    Participant
    August 7, 2014 at 1:41 pm #58973
    Reply To: long distance dating

I can totally relate…I recently broke off a 1+year long distance relationship. It was soooo hard because we really get along, I wont go into detail on your thread, but it was too much for me. Hopefully our path can cross again with better timing and circumstances.

Anonymous
    August 8, 2014 at 6:55 pm #59072
    Reply To: long distance dating

I totally agree with the statement someone said above:

“This is tough. If you can’t get together enough to see if the spark turns into something more, it is hard to know if he is the one or not. I would say agree to see other people. If he is indeed the one, you will gravitate back to each other.”

It is hard but if he is the one, you will gravitate back to each other.