Long Distance Help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Long Distance Help

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2018 at 12:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cottonhollow
    Participant
    May 4, 2018 at 9:52 pm #172251
    Long Distance Help

So I met a girl when I was at a college that is really far from my house. She is a sophomore there and I am a junior in high school. I got her number somehow and we have been texting for a few weeks now. I might be able to drive down, but she goes to kind of a strict school and we may not be able to meet or go out depending on the day. She is going to be away for at least half of the summer and so will I. What are some things that I can do so this doesn’t go down the drain and turn into nothing in a few months?

jf477
    Participant
    May 5, 2018 at 9:15 am #172286

Just ask her when she is free to see you and arrange something from there. If she is someone you may like to know in the long term, but it is difficult now, then just arrange video calls for the time being until you can see her, like other long distance relationships would. But to be honest, since you haven’t spent proper time around her, I would not get too fixated on her. Don’t shut the door on her, but consider other options.