Long distance love…what to do???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

coolchristian91
    coolchristian91
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 3:15 am #106311

I am in love with my best guy friend of nearly four years. He has the same feelings for me. Here’s where the problem comes in…He lives in a different country. We have both dated other people since we met but our feelings for each other always come back or didn’t fade to begin with.I was even engaged to a guy once and had a thought what if I am suposed to be with my best friend instead. I met my bestie on a christian site, we have Skyped practically daily since then, and he is so sweet,gives good advice,and makes me smile and laugh more than anyone, also he has helped me through a lot. Neither of us have money to even visit the other. He had planned to move down here next yr but his financial state isn’t too good so he doesn’t know if he will actually be able to or not. I really truly do love him and want to be with him but also I hate waiting. Should I try long distance? Wait? or try to once again find someone here?

coolchristian91
    coolchristian91
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 4:12 am #106315

meaning what exactly?

corkylynnx
    corkylynnx
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 10:59 am #106317

Hi, 4 years is a long time but what I have read is that if you don’t have an ending in sight, you could be waiting forever. I’m in the same predicament with my guy that I have broken up with, got together with long distance and we both care about each other and I have loved him but he he’s the one that left here and will not come back to live. If you’re younger, then maybe you can make some long-term plans for a future date of finally getting together finally if he is your one and only. It’s easier when you’re younger than like me at 53 as I want to have a long-term relationship but sure miss the physical touching and want to settle down in within the next 2 years and he’s floating around and doesn’t have a concrete plan.

When you’re younger, you can be more flexible and if you really feel like he could be the one, maybe come up with a plan when you can be together permanently. Best of luck!!

tarun123
    Participant
    July 23, 2016 at 8:22 pm #106331

long distance is a tough job really hard to control yourself