Long Distance, Not Sure If This Will Work.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:49 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

caligirl6407
    caligirl6407
    Participant
    March 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm #25607

Okay so here goes, I’ve been dating this guy for almost 3 months now. We met in high school and we started dating when he came home for Christmas last year. He goes to school in Arizona and I live in Minnesota. He’s from Minnesota he’s just in AZ for school and he graduates on the 15th of November. When we started dating everything was perfect, I mean it always is at first right? Well the first month went by and we were fine, still getting to know each other. Our relationship mainly consisted on text messages and phone calls and skype. I came down to see him in February and I’m actually here visiting him now but things just dont feel the same. I am still crazy about him but I don’t think he feels the same about me anymore. He’s mean. He says things without thinking about my feelings and he’s really selfish and self centered and I’ve tried to let it go and not bother me I mean like I know he’s stressed about school and stuff but he just doesn’t treat me the way I want to be treated and whenever I bring it up he gets all defensive and won’t take credit for his doing wrong. I feel like I’m the only one putting in an effort to make this relationship work… there’s so much more he’s done, I swear I could write a book on how many ways he’s hurt me the past 3 months but I’m trying to look at the positive!! Help me!! What should I do?!

slobeachboy
    Participant
    March 12, 2013 at 6:53 pm #25619

I think you’ve kind of answered your own question, haven’t you? I mean regardless of the long distance thing, and regardless of whether or not he still feels the same way about you or not, why on earth would you want to be with someone who is admittedly abusive toward you?
    As long as you brought it up though I have to say that long distance relationships rarely work out, particularly when you’re in college. Its just to easy so meet new people in College that only the strongest of long distance relationship will ever survive thorough graduation.
    Also, if your boyfriend was nice before and is only now turning abusive, it’s possible that he is trying to get you to break up with him. Or at least starts some fights that he can use as an excuse for later breaking up with you so that he doesn’t have to feel so guilty about it. Or he could just be a jerk, I don’t know. Either way it sounds like he wants out of the relationship and whether or not that is because he’s found someone else is irrelevant at his point.
    Anyway I would have a serious talk with him about why he’s been acting the way he has toward you, and if he can’t give you a reasonable answer or he gets defensive I would just dump his a$$, pronto.