Long distance "relationship"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 7:57 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CarsonRengaw9
    Participant
    March 18, 2014 at 12:30 am #49407

Last week I was in New Orleans for spring break, as I had to get my advanced shipboard firefighting certification from the coast guard as a fulfillment for my masters degree. Anyways, bourbon street was close to our hotel and the hardest part of fire school was showing up on time at 7AM.

So, a week ago, last Monday night, I met a girl from Denver who was visiting for the 311 concert. We hit it off, I took her back to my hotel, had sex, then I dropped her off the next morning. My friends got good vibes from her as well. So Tuesday night she invited me back to her hotel this time, where we cuddled / slept before I gave her a ride to the airport. At the airport she was talking about visiting Texas, and me visiting Denver, then we went our separate ways.

Since then, I’ve talked to her a handful of times, realizing that I’ve fallen head over heels for her (I watch what I say via text though) but I feel as if she is not interested in me. What should I do?

CarsonRengaw9
    Participant
    March 18, 2014 at 12:32 am #49408

Also, I’m the one that has been initiating the texting with the exception of once thus far. One of my friends said to call her so she doesn’t lose interest instead of texting but I don’t know what to do at all and if it is really even practical or not…

allielove 1993
    Participant
    March 18, 2014 at 7:13 pm #49437

If I were you I would ask her straight up if this is going anywhere, the suspense can be a killer leading up to her answer but once you know for sure then you can either proceed with a relationship or move on. She may not believe you actually like her enough to commit if she has trust issues or she may just be too busy to have a long distance relationship. either way im sure you are a nice guy! best of luck

Anonymous
    March 19, 2014 at 12:04 pm #49451

People make time for and put effort towards what they want…

noahbuddy
    noahbuddy
    Participant
    March 19, 2014 at 3:47 pm #49463

Long distance relationships rarely work out, but if she’s the one she’s the one. I suggest you back off some and see if she picks up the slack. There’s a certain thrill that comes from having a little fling when you’re on a trip and maybe that’s all she was looking for. If she genuinely likes you and is thinking of a relationship with a life span longer than a text conversation she’ll let you know if you give her a chance. Girls like to push buttons too. Let her do some of the button pushing.

JaimeFortune
    JaimeFortune
    Participant
    March 19, 2014 at 4:40 pm #49474

Firstly this is not a Long Distance relationship, your title is misleading. I hate to sound like the baron of bad news but this sounds like it was just a fling. She was in need of some company during her stay, nothing else. If you did want to make it a LDR you should have made it official while you were still physically together, which I think would have been too soon to make it official. It was doomed from the start. I really think you should try getting over her by talking to other girls and focusing on other things. You can keep her as a friend but that will only make getting over her harder, unless you’re super disciplined. Anyway, don’t count on this becoming more than it was.

Good luck!

nexx0r
    Participant
    March 20, 2014 at 11:19 am #49538

I generally don’t believe long distance relationships work out and it sounds to me like she believes it was just for fun. That said, I think you just ask her if you feel strongly about it. If she says no, then it will still have been just for fun, but maybe she’ll say yes; you can’t know unless you talk to her about it.

Atiqrehman
    Participant
    March 21, 2014 at 10:37 am #49610

I believe long distance relationship.

lester83ege
    Participant
    March 30, 2014 at 8:10 am #50054

I think every people need to stay more to make a good relation. Without long relation people do not understand who is the best partner for him.

Zeus
    Zeus
    Participant
    March 31, 2014 at 7:18 pm #50132

No such thing as “Long distance relationships”.

She is getting sex from men who live across the street. Find someone in your area.

Anonymous
    April 11, 2014 at 6:17 pm #49603

Long distance relationship will work out if both parties are truly dedicated to make things work. But if only one of you is making an effort, then the distance plus all the other barriers will just put up more pressure on both of you. It is better that you straight things out to her before you start investing on your emotion. Waiting for the reply that you wanted would be dreadful but it’s worth it if you know exactly where both of you are going. Best of luck dude!

Anonymous
    April 11, 2014 at 6:17 pm #50182

I think long distance relationship will work if two people are so determined to make it work despite all the challenges they would face along the way.