Long Distance Relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

annlee1
    Participant
    August 29, 2014 at 7:02 am #60349

Hello everyone,
    I`m curious to hear your opinions on long distance relationships. Do you thing it is worth it or not, how strong the both parts should be?
    I was in a 1 year long relationship when we only met 3 times during some holidays, but now we are living together, so I`m very positive about these type of relationship and I think the wait is totally worth it, but what do you think?

drifterofwood
    drifterofwood
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 2:08 am #60422

I had a friend that was in a long distance relationship (roughly 4-5 hour distance) where they met in high school. They continued dating throughout our undergraduate careers (4 years) and are still together now (3 years after graduating).

So it does work, but it really depends on both individuals. If there is some doubt then it might be questionable to pursue a long distance relationship, which is probably why most fail. I’ve never been in a long distance relationship so I wouldn’t really know.

wwttzz
    Participant
    August 30, 2014 at 4:30 pm #60443

It can work if you both want it to work. I personally would never do it.

winel0ve17
    Participant
    September 4, 2014 at 1:29 pm #60683

It takes some special, very self disciplined and devoted people. Sure it’s hard. But it’s awesome when it does work out

Anonymous
    September 5, 2014 at 5:24 am #60744

it very nice but you choose who is mostly show love and caring is better

tuffluvin
    tuffluvin
    Participant
    September 6, 2014 at 9:33 am #60838

In my experience, long distance relationships are tough, but if it is with the right person, it works. Distance to love is like wind to a fire. It snuffs out the mere candles and spreads the wildfires. Think about it.

Wolfy27
    Participant
    September 6, 2014 at 2:51 pm #60839

It can work, what matters most is commitment and communication between the two.