Long distance relationship

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Avalanche
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 9:13 am #151879

Hi guys and girls,
    I met a woman, from a foreign country, she was studying in my city. We got to know each other and we started to date. We have been together for a month only, because in July she had to leave for her country, to continue her studies at home. Since then, we have this long distance relationship.
    Before she left, she promised to message me a lot, phone calls, skype calls, pictures exchanges and so on. For a month or so, we constantly messaged each other. After the first month, I realised that it is only me who is messaging her, it was only me who kept asking pictures of her. Then I told myself, I wont message her, until she is not writing to me on her own. Now a month has passed without any communication.
    I really want to message her all the time, but I dont want to appear needy. Do you think that I should wait longer? Or I should skip the mind games and just write her? Or just forget her?
    Please, share your opinion/experience.
    Many thanks.

emillyy
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 3:28 pm #151880

i would ask her straight up. It’s possible she’s really busy with school, but its also possible she’s just not interested anymore.

Bella_Berg
    Participant
    October 7, 2017 at 4:08 pm #151883

Honestly, in my experience, long-distance relationships are almost never worth the time. Of course, the fact that you’ve already met her and know, from what I can tell, a decent amount about her is refreshing, but at the same time, she’s in a different country. At some point, you both are going to end up falling out of touch to some extent, because you’re living your lives. She’s going to school, too, which means she’s going to be busy. I would have a straightforward conversation with her and decide together whether or not the relationship is even worth continuing.

9arijuk
    9arijuk
    Participant
    October 8, 2017 at 12:11 pm #151896

One month is a very short amount of time to get serious about a person. If I were in that situation, I would just move on to something closer to home. However, remain friends so I have some type of excuse to travel.

Nowrittenwords
    Participant
    October 8, 2017 at 3:28 pm #151900

Just be honest with her and with yourself