Long-distance relationships…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

daisysman2013
    daisysman2013
    Participant
    March 7, 2013 at 12:43 pm #24912

I met a woman from Chicago, Il on ChristianForums.com, and for right now we’re just getting to know each other. We’re friends for the moment, and after we get to know the basics of each other, we’ll see where our relationship goes from there.
    My major concern is: If we do become bf and gf, how are we supposed to see and date each other since she drives and I don’t?

chris_08
    chris_08
    Participant
    March 8, 2013 at 6:36 pm #25371

She would come and pick you up to go places? Seems simple…as long as she doesn’t mind obviously

wtop0_0
    Participant
    March 11, 2013 at 12:29 pm #25408

Have you been in this situation before? If so, how did you work it out? Plus, you might want to give her a heads up about driving you around, see if she’s ok with that kind of commitment. Generally it’s nice to have it balanced between the two people…

slobeachboy
    Participant
    March 12, 2013 at 2:58 am #25512

Well first off I have to wonder why your profile photo is one of a beautiful girl when you are supposedly a man. That and the fact that you are mentioning a specific web site by name makes me suspect that you could be a spammer but I’ll go ahead and give you the benefit of the doubt.
    Anyway in regards to your problem I have to say, I think you’re getting way ahead of yourself. After all it sounds like you have not even verified that you are communicating with the person you think you are communicating with. And if the person is not for real then the whole “long distance” thing is moot, don’t you think? By the way, there are just as many scammers on Christian dating sites as there are on any others, maybe even more. Anyway, I know its called online dating but you can’t actually “date” someone online so it should probably really be called online introductions. Within the first week or two of the initial introductions you should be having phone conversations, and you should chat online using a web cam at least once.
    So assuming you’ve already done all this and you know this girl is not scamming you then I would still have to tell you that long distance relationship rarely work. You can still date someone long distance for a few months and then if its get serious enough that you’re both sure you’ve found the person of your dreams one of you can relocate to the others city. And of course if it looks like its not going anywhere after a few dates then you don’t need to worry about the distance. Never think that you can carry on a long distance relationship for years on end though. It never works and in most cases one of the parties wants it remain a long distance thing so they can have the freedom to see other people on the side.
    By the way, why don’t you drive? Unless you are under 16 years of age, are a multi-millionaire with a chauffeur, or you live in Manhattan or Tokyo, there’s really no excuse to not be able to drive.