Long distance relationships

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:20 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

leah36
    Participant
    August 9, 2015 at 5:58 pm #83784

About five months ago I met this guy who said he was divorced with two kids. We talked via phone and text. In March it was brought to my attention his Facebook profile picture that included his wife and youngest son. I totally blew up about via text and his response was it’s cool you want even call and talk about it. So about two weeks later I call and apologized for the way I handle the situation. And we started back talking. But now his calls and text are now few and far between. We live about two hours apart. We sometimes go a week without taking. Friends and family say I should just move on because he was only after one thing. But I have so many questions. For example: why would he share so many personal details about his kids & family? Or when he do call details about his daily activities such as his crazy work schedule or hobbies. My family is saying he’s really a married man. I know when call him my call goes straight to voicemail. What should I do? 1st time dater

VanillaPepper
    VanillaPepper
    Participant
    August 9, 2015 at 7:24 pm #83785

Ok, anyone with kids is going to have some sort of a relationship with the person they had kids with. But if he is acting like they are still together, chances are 1, they might still be. or 2, they are trying to get back together. If you still have a lot of questions, call him up or even video chat and ask those questions so you can hear his emotions and if you video chat you can see his body language/facial expressions. After that if it still seems estranged to you then you might want to reconsider. Some guys like to have a little “something” on the side. Just be careful and take your time and listen to your heart and your gut.

jadefox
    jadefox
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 12:20 am #83925

My analysis with your relationship is that, the guy was just trying to make some alibis to make you believe he is serious with you. But, the truth is he’s just trying hook up with someone else just to get something fro you. You know what I meant to say.. 😉 So, becareful girl as what VanillaPepper said above.. 🙂

emma93
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 6:10 pm #83984

That sounds like a tough situation. Actions speak louder than words, and if he is ignoring your calls that obviously isn’t a good sign. Do you really want to be with someone who treats you that way? My advice would be to try and move on.

aspala
    Participant
    August 17, 2015 at 9:34 pm #84270

Long distance is hard enough… because it’s long distance… but when kids and possibly being married are thrown in the mix, the questionable intentions will continue to weigh you down. If he was honest about his situation up front, and didn’t immediately click your calls to voicemail, I might say that maybe he is being torn between trying to mend his current relationship and moving forward with a new one. But if he’s starting to distance himself and you go days without talking, I suspect that he might have been throwing some major shade. At the end of the day, go with your gut but I personally think he’s spinning a tale.