long distance thing, how to get a handle on the jealousy!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:02 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

nea
    Participant
    September 6, 2014 at 11:02 pm #60850

hi you guys, could use a little impartial advice here…
    so a little bit ago i traveled to a foreign country, where i met this incredible guy. we had an amazing date (hooked up but didnt sleep together though) and the next day he was going out of town on work and i was coming back home. this country isnt close by! so anyway we kind of decided not to make it a big deal, but eventually a couple of months into me being back we started chatting a lot. i mean we’d be texting all the time, and because of the time difference we were almost always in touch or sending each other photos and videos…hes an incredible guy… needless to say ive kind of really started to like him. hes planning on visiting me around new years…so yeh…well anyway, this weekend hit and he kind of fell off the planet…..

nea
    Participant
    September 8, 2014 at 9:01 am #60851

now the thing is i am a very practical person, I KNOW that its mentally and physically impossible (and ridiculous) for either of us to go exclusive considering its months before we meet next! and also because we’ve only spent a few hours in real time together…but whats annoying me is that im feeling jealous!…cause i dont know what hes been up to…its been 24 hours since i heard from him… im thinking he mustve gone out, maybe met someone. its really stupid…silly to feel this way… i dont want to get all posessive, my brain is telling me that but my heart is going a little green. how do i deal with this??!!

velvetred
    Participant
    September 8, 2014 at 11:38 pm #60973

I’ve experienced the same thing before, except the guy was on another state thousands of miles away, not another country. What I did was, no matter how perfect he was, Istopped talking to him because i was falling for him. It was really hard seeing him date or just flirt with other girls. I don’t regret what I did as I hate complicating my life, and investing my time and feelings to him will make me miserable in the long run because of the distance. I’m glad I got to end it before I fell harder.
    You can talk to him about it and see his views on long dist relationships. Follow your heart, but remember to take your brain with you.

nea
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 1:15 am #60977

y’know… i can understand if he had told me he doesnt want to be in touch…
    this was SO weird. friday morning i get a voice note from him teling me he just woke up thinking of me and already his day is better. then we skyped. then we whatsapped through most of the day. then he sent me a video hanging out on the streets saying ‘i wish you were here’ i sent him a video back, and he replied saying ‘you get cuter every day’. and BAM that was the last i heard from him….isnt that just massively weird???

Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 5:35 pm #61026

I’ve done my fair share of traveling and I always meet these amazing people. I have been in several long distance relationships with girls I met during my travels. I end up spending 2-8 weeks with them then its time to go home. It is always down hill from this point.
    I know it sucks, but a little pain getting over it now will save you a whole world of heart ache down the road.

As to why he didn’t reply it could be several reasons: serious car accident, death in the family, etc… But don’t lose sight of my first point, it’s absolutely not worth it.

nea
    Participant
    September 9, 2014 at 10:50 pm #61230

thanks Ramz, and yore right. its not about the why, its about the what is. 🙂 and clearly whatever it was is done