Long Distance Trouble

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Long Distance Trouble

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SundayMorning
    Participant
    December 6, 2014 at 6:00 pm #68828
    Long Distance Trouble

This is going to be long…
    This guy and I fell in love over the summer and started dating then broke up so we could build a stronger foundation first. We go 2 different colleges and r 2 hrs away. At some point in sept, he stopped talking to me (after he slowly started talking to me less). For 2 months I was heartbroken, but he eventually called to explain that he was scared about the long distance and still had trust issues from his previous relationship. He also said he felt like he cldnt give me all of him so he backed out. After he said this we started talking again, but now it seems like its happening all over again. He’s under a lot of stress right now, trying to decide if he wants to change career paths and move even farther away from me. He’s been talking to me a lot less where he doesn’t answer my calls, or says he’ll call back and he doesn’t. He might talk 2 me for 5 mins or text a couple times but it’s not often. Is this normal if hes stressed or should I be worried?

Alex Ryder
    Participant
    December 6, 2014 at 9:57 pm #68829

I’d say it’s normal if he’s going to college with the work, I don’t think you should be worried. Only if it keeps happening after he’s done with it.

SundayMorning
    Participant
    December 8, 2014 at 9:04 am #68858

but at the same time, he went from calling and texting me constantly to close to no communication. and he talks to me differently, he’ll call me by my name instead of “baby” or “hun”. Is that just the stress?