Long Story Worth The Read Need Advice!!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• nick0418
    Participant
    March 14, 2017 at 9:16 pm #130090

My name is Nick I am 19 years old and I have a story with some questions that I had hoped might be able to get some answers…really desperate for some answers.

So my situation, well I was dating a girl for almost 18 months, very happy throughout the relationship, some bumps in the road, ups and downs, I know now it was because our love language was different. She was a very simple and beautiful kind of love, didn’t need to say it, showed it perfectly in her body language and the way she held me and treated me when we were alone. But my language was very outgoing, I expressed myself and made sure I showered her with constant love and affection. I would always question whether she loved me or not because she never did the same, little did I know she really did love me very much, and these questions caused her to grow deeper and deeper into her shell and become very insecure. She’d get mad every time I’d try to talk to her about us, and she got very…way more to follow…

nick0418
    Participant
    March 14, 2017 at 9:17 pm #130091

she got very negative and it got ugly. She would talk down on me like I was less than her, call me horrible things and curse me off, only to tell me the next day that it was “out of anger” and I should learn to deal with it. I grew very frustrated and we began to fight a lot. One thing that always bothered me was that she would never kiss me, she would turn her head and claim she “didn’t like saliva” but what would bother me about that was that she was always known to kiss guys at parties in her past. Now, I was her first ever sexual intimacy, she actually never did anything past kissing before me, so I always questioned and got bothered by the fact that she wouldn’t kiss me, but she’d be so open to everything else all of the time. That will come up again later.

Anyways, so as the fighting grew we grew apart, she finally broke up with me because she thought it would help us, but she regretted it the second she did it. We couldn’t stay away……more to follow….

nick0418
    Participant
    March 16, 2017 at 8:56 am #130092

We couldn’t stay away, through a lot of negativity and fights even following the breakup, we had a lot of deep conversations about what was wrong with us. Except incidents would occur when she claimed I was a liar. Twice I went out with a friend of mine who is actually lesbian so my ex-girlfriend wouldn’t even have to worry about it, but she felt that I hid it from her and lied to her and she always had this fear of me being a liar, I don’t know why but no matter how hard I tried to prove to her that I was faithful and that she had nothing to worry about, she would only continue to bash me and talk down on me and freak out when incidents like this would occur. So after a bunch of negativity and fighting, I felt as though we could never be fixed, and I told her we should stop altogether. I blocked her number to stop the repeated toxic cycle we were going through, of her being great until she got me back under her control, and then me doing something harmless…..more to follow…..