Long-Term, Long-Distance…do things get better?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:21 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

laurabell
    laurabell
    Participant
    March 30, 2014 at 6:06 pm #50056

My story is crazy, but I’d like to let you know that I am an extremely pragmatic and mature person. And this is all new to me…He came to the US from France to work for a year. He got placed in my college town and he first saw me during ESL classes (I work for the ESL program). We never talked, but me messaged me on Facebook and we talked everyday from October to January. We finally decided to meet in person in January. Since then, we spent every weekend together, and even some weeknights and…well, fell in love.

We spent his last days in MN together. We went on a 3-day road trip right before he had to fly out. We stayed together his last night and I drove him to the airport at 5am the next morning. Lots of crying/hugging/kissing ensued. He said he would come back someday.

It’s been 3 weeks since he’s left. We Skype everyday. The problem is I’ll be studying in Mexico for 11 months starting July. Will our situation get any better? He said he’ll come back, but that’s in 2015…

sarah_t30
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:18 pm #50443

Seems like you all have a good relationship, so sure why not if you all cant stand the fact of you all being away from each other then just be really good friends until 2015. So that your friendship doesn’t get rocky and you all start to not like each other.

tiger1350
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 7:53 pm #51169

confusedandlost
    Participant
    April 15, 2014 at 7:20 pm #51299

I think that you should use this time to test out how stable your relationship is and if you two can hold a decent conversation without getting bored. Communication is key to any relationship whether it is distance or even if you see the person everyday. How will Mexico change anything between you two, when it is already long distance? I don’t think anything can improve the relationship until the distance is closed, but in the mean time, if it means 11 months, you two need to trust each other and maintain a quality relationship with each other and that will define whether you two can last through thick and thin.

universelife
    universelife
    Participant
    April 16, 2014 at 11:45 pm #51370

I agree, you need to ask questions, communication is key in a sucessful relationship!