Long term relationship- worth the fight?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:57 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

SadTurtle
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 6:22 am #88597

I’m in a situation where my boyfriend of 3 years has been ignoring me for 3 days. After a fight, I always want to talk calmly and sort things out. He gets upset and wants to go home (or tells me that he’s taking me home). I respect his need to cool off, but after every disagreement it gets a bit old. We’re both students and in the middle of exams and as he puts it “we don’t have time for unnecessary crap.”. That’s why I’m giving him space now (after another silly fight), so he can study and not worry about distractions.
    I guess my question is whether it is still worth staying around. We’re fighting constantly about stupid things. I have considered leaving. What makes it hard is that we’re best friends. We do everything together. I don’t want to regret my decision later, when it’s too late to fix.
    Basically: we fight all the time. Has the relationship run its course or do we try to work it out?

jojo1991
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 2:00 pm #88610

To me it sounds like you are holding onto something that is not there anyone just so you can stay friends. You should think of yourself here and what is right for you, you happiness is what is the most important

sofia2891
    Participant
    November 17, 2015 at 2:59 pm #88617

The question you have to ask your self is do you still love him ? or are you with him just because hes your best friend ?