Long time friend to New lover?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

luckdog313
    Participant
    November 28, 2012 at 11:08 pm #17493

I need some advice for this little mess I’m in

This girl is awesome. we’ve been friends of a friend for about 5 years now. We like a lot of the same things and she likes a ton of my status on Facebook and so forth.

She is absolutely gorgeous, smart, funny, kind and all the things I like, but there is one thing stopping it.
    So called story months ago (5 year relationship): she came home to the apartment they share and the boyfriend accused her of cheating. She got really mad and stormed out of there and the next day grabbed all her stuff. (this is the story from a few of the group members that have heard the story so far, but she hasn’t told me about it yet and I haven’t asked her either and she hasn’t said anything)

So I don’t the full story and if if it was false I’d drop it all to pick her up and stop playing games.

What I’m thinking: Should I Ask her what happened with her ex boyfriend to find the truth? what if all the stories are lies with her cheating or if she was treated horribly? i still don’t feel good about cheaters, but I can understand if she was hurt.

I mean I really do like her and I think she feels the same, but I think we are both worried that we don’t want to make things awkward in case we don’t feel the same about each other. What should I do?