Looking for advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Looking for advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TheBird52
    Participant
    March 3, 2014 at 3:18 pm #48696
    Looking for advice

So I recently started talking to this girl. I think everything was going well. The thing is she lives an hour and a half away, not really a problem as we made plans over her spring break. So my problem is things were going so well I got a little eager and may have over-texted and made myself seem clingy or obsessive. Is there a way to recover from this or am I overthinking things?

alex@NextRSHIP
    alex@NextRSHIP
    Participant
    March 3, 2014 at 4:37 pm #48719

Take a break from texting her. You are being too clingy which is a turn off to girls. You need to create some space between each other to let the aire of mystery and anticipation return.

Don’t text her for a couple days and see how she reacts. Under texting is better than over texting.

-Alex

AlexthaGreat9
    Participant
    March 4, 2014 at 11:17 am #48777

Your good for now, it shows your interest in her. Now what you must do is ease back a little and kinda wait for her to call or text you. Give it a break for a few days. The power of absence is key here she’ll call no worries!

lilmissraincloud
    Participant
    March 5, 2014 at 1:22 am #48804

if you fear you may have came off too clingy then you prob. did. you can still recover. providing your just nervous not actually clingy. if your just nervous then give it some time to blow over an try again. key is, dont stress it.

Anonymous
    March 7, 2014 at 7:54 pm #48960

Overtexting and any traits of obsessiveness is really bad for a new relationship. It scares your partner.

azureorb
    Participant
    March 11, 2014 at 3:53 pm #49098

Yes, you do the opposite of clingy, without fear that she’s going to run. If she starts walking away somewhat due to your clinginess, she won’t be going too far before she gets the feeling that you’re not so clingy as you’re letting her walk.

But of course, that’d depend on what you mean by “clingy”. To some, avid conversation is “clingy”.

Communicating is like a dance. It’s all relative to the other person. Don’t do/say too much when they’re slow-dancing. Ride with it, but never over-do it. It’s a pretty simple thing. You may be over-thinking it because she could have just had her interest drop. That will happen sometimes due to other things — not being clingy (although being the opposite of clingy can have them come back somewhat when they’re losing interest).

lookback21
    Participant
    March 11, 2014 at 4:19 pm #49106

Don’t really see anything wrong

jacob71
    Participant
    March 13, 2014 at 1:01 am #49173

Give it a break a couple days then text her again. Keep the conversation short. Eventually increase the message length. match the text length of her messages to yours.