Looking for ladies input on this…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DOW123
    Participant
    February 9, 2016 at 1:34 pm #93230

Backstory: I met her last summer and were just casual friends. We saw each other several evenings a week. Once fall rolled around, she started texting me each morning. Fast forward to this winter and she is single and living on her own. While we spend several nights a week together and stay over at each others place, and have been physical but not intimate, she is hesitant or “nervous” to commit to me.

The Issue: Several years ago she was in a relationship with a woman, and is now unsure as to if she wants a relationship with me or to try again with a woman. We are now a little over 3 months in and it’s no clearer as to what we are when it comes to being a couple and she’s still “nervous” to let me be her person. My intent is to let her make her own decision, but how long do I set aside my own mental well-being while she tries to figure it out? And how do I make sure I’m not being used in this situation, which she acknowledges and is concerned that I may be feeling? Thanks!!!

FavoredPisces
    Participant
    February 10, 2016 at 12:40 pm #93276

It sounds like she likes you as a friend. A close friend, but a friend. She may be feeling guilty because she can’t give you more. She is gay. It is hard to switch over like that, unless she is bi. You need to be her friend and back off the relationship thing. If she is interested in you in that way, she would know it by now. If it is to be, it will be. I know a girl who is gay. She often feels guilty when she makes male friends and they want more from her. She is openly gay, so doesn’t quite understand. She is often nice to them in hopes that they will get it and just be her friend, which is all she ever intended it to be.