Looking For Man's Advice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Looking For Man's Advice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 4:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lookingForAdvice1
    lookingForAdvice1
    Participant
    June 23, 2017 at 1:22 pm #140480
    Looking For Man's Advice

I’ve been seeing a guy (im a woman) for exactly one month. We’ve been on 5 dates.
    First was just drinks and appetizers to meet for the first time even though we have all the same mutual friends and I know
    His uncle and cousins. We all work in the same industry.

After our first date he texted me the next day and asked me to a day event for Saturday but I couldn’t go because I worked so we went on his boat that Sunday instead. The day lasted 12 hours. I had texted him that following Wednesday just something funny about our line of work and we talked again Friday. He was on his way out of town for a college reunion but said he hoped I had a good weekend and wanted to get together when he was back next week.

We got dinner and drinks that Wednesday. Went to a concert with his friends that Friday. We kissed a few times throughout the night. Went home separately. He texted me pictures from the boat twice Saturday then didn’t hear from him until Tuesday

lookingForAdvice1
    lookingForAdvice1
    Participant
    June 23, 2017 at 1:26 pm #140481

(Continued). He asked me to our mutual friends bday dinner but then found out the dinner portion was “guys only. Then I didn’t hear from him until Friday night he called and asked if I wanted to meet him after the dinner with everyone at the bar. I went we had a great time. He held my hand when we were leaving and kissed me goodbye. Went home separately. He called me the next day to chat, we talked for 30 mins but he made no plans to see me for the week. He did mentioned he had friends in town towards the end of the week and is gone for a work trip Friday-Tuesday. The next time I heard from him was Wednesday he sent me an article related to our industry. My question is does he seem interested? We’ve kissed held hands talked on the phone but I’m concerned he hasn’t made plans to see me again.

AlwaysFindingPie
    Participant
    July 6, 2017 at 4:31 am #141343

If you like him so much can you not contact him. And ask him for to an event

1892Guy
    Participant
    July 8, 2017 at 5:27 am #141404

Sounds like he is interested in you otherwise he wouldn’t keep making contact. But like the other poster says have you tried asking him out? I’ve recently started dating again and I find it hard as there is an initial expectation that the guy(me) has to come up with & initiate the first few (maybe more) dates.

bz100
    bz100
    Participant
    July 8, 2017 at 11:05 pm #141411

Trying to decipher his feelings may be futile, but there are two things that I see as positive: 1) several times he has taken initiative to contact you, meaning he definitely has interest, and 2) he is willing to go out with you in the company of friends, meaning he is not trying to keep you off in a compartment for one reason or another. So you may not need to figure anything out; he may keep the thing going given a bit more time, and it will gradually heat up. If not, I’d ask what is the feedback you have given him? It may be devilishly hard to know what the best way to do this is, as it depends on his personality and recent experiences dating, but I would say as long as you don’t give him the impression you are clingy, needy or possessive, no harm in saying, “Gee, I hope we can get together again soon” when you next talk, or take the initiative to ask him out to something, or when you are kissing, show a little passion (each just ONCE– if no positive response leave it for a while)

prudentbutclueless
    Participant
    July 8, 2017 at 11:38 pm #141413

I second bz100’s advice.

The worst thing you can do is worry about this. It will just make you seem needy and insecure.
    From the sound of it, I think he’s interested and the frequency you contact each-other doesn’t seem particularly odd.
    Remember that everyone has different expectations in this regard; I’ve met people who expect to talk/text every single day from the get-go, and people who just expect to talk/text a few times a week. It could simply be that he’s not much of one for small-talk, or that he’s busy, or simply just has different expectations about what is normal.

I wouldn’t worry at all, to be honest. Give it some time 🙂

Cody
    Cody
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 9:59 pm #141440

He may be taking his time to get to know you.

UpandDown
    Participant
    July 9, 2017 at 11:51 pm #141446

I think you should take initiative and ask him on a date and see how it goes. Or if you guys keep regularly talking, you can also be upfront and ask what he want out of this.

b773
    Participant
    July 14, 2017 at 7:25 pm #142255
    Reply To: Looking For Man's Advice

looks like he’s into you, maybe he really was busy with those friends and doesn’t have the time to call you or make new arrangements,if you guys been out a few times that’s because he likes you, maybe hes waiting on you to make some sort of move, just to check how much your into him? its worth a try, maybe a last minute arrangement drink at the local bar? will catch him of guard 🙂