Losing interest after a month

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:13 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

AlexxA
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 4:40 pm #137755

Met online. Went on a fantastic first dinner date. Right after he said he wanted to see me again. We went on a 2nd date hiking and coffee. We went on a 3rd date gun shooting and he made me dinner at his house. We kissed. Fourth date he came to my house and we ordered food in & ended up making out. 5th date we went to his place went out for food and went back to watch a movie. Cuddled, made out. He brought up that he wanted to make sure we were on the same page. He said he really likes me and was starting to care for me, but he was in no rush and was a emotionally fragile from his last relationship. He said it might take him some time to open up. He said he didn’t want to have sex until we were in a relationship. We agreed. We ended up in his bed, naked, fooling around. No sex. I stayed over. He asked me to come back the day after and we watched a movie and ended up again in his bed. He asked me me to come back the day after but i was busy. Few days later he asked me to come, and I did

AlexxA
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 4:48 pm #137756

We had a nice night & I stayed over. He was going to moving on the weekend and was unsure if he would be able to see me or not. He said that I could help him decorate his new place. He talked about coming down to my place again after his move. He didn’t sound like he was losing interest. The weekend came and went and I didn’t hear from him. Tuesday I finally reached out and he was busy and asked what my plans for the upcoming weekend were. I replied and he never did. Today, Friday I send him another message. He said he’s been super busy and asked again what my weekend plans were. I said nothing yet, and we chatted. I suggested we make plans to hangout. He said He will have to see because its a busy family weekend and he wants to do some gardening at his new place.

Gardening over seeing me? And then I mention him not having time to see me. He says how it stinks and its a busy time of the year, and how he wants to come down and go to this place with me. Said maybe later in the week.

Sarina
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 7:08 pm #137771

Hi, AlexxA. How are you? I just copied your latest thread and pasted it to the dating forum for women at the site Anewmode. Within 1 hour since I posted, there are already 5 responses to that thread. All the women who posted there are very helpful and they have tons of experiences in dating men. So I recommend you to check out Anewmode and its forums regularly. Posting a topic in that forum is easy too because you don’t need to register at all.

dihahey
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 10:48 pm #137777

I am new to this forum but I would prefer men reply to my questions. hmmm

dihahey
    Participant
    May 26, 2017 at 10:49 pm #137778

I am a woman by the way

Kosm
    Participant
    May 29, 2017 at 10:29 am #137829

I’m a woman, but from what I have learned and experienced, after men get close to you they need space and will suddenly temporarily pull away. This doesn’t mean that they have lost interest, it means they need space. The best thing you can do is cheerfully give him his space. Say “I totally understand. Have a great weekend and we’ll catch up another time:)”

Men hate seeing even a hint of neediness. They interpret neediness even when you don’t think you’re coming across that way. So I say chill out and hang back for a bit.

walt
    Participant
    May 29, 2017 at 11:50 pm #137832

Honestly, as man, I can say neediness is a tad bit of a turn off. That being said, he mentioned he was a little emotionally fragile after a breakup. It could just be a case that he’s maybe panicked about letting his guard down and the wall’s suddenly back up. I know I’ve done it before.