Love him hate the smell

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Love him hate the smell

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 11:24 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

loveisforever
    Participant
    August 12, 2017 at 9:20 am #145230
    Love him hate the smell

This is not a joke! It is a real problem I have been struggling with for some time. I have been dating a guy for a while and we have great chemistry and get each other. Things are going very well. He dresses well and is very clean. But apparently he does not wear deodorant. So as the date progresses he starts to sweat and smells. How do I tell him he needs to wear deodorant? I don’t want to hurt his feelings but the smell makes me uncomfortable. Please help. I especially want to hear from guys. How would you feel if you were approached on such a subject?

Anonymous
    August 12, 2017 at 6:34 pm #145242

I would bring it up like, ” I REALLY love _(Fill in a type)____ deodorant smell! I think guys that wear it smell so good and are so hot!” That way you aren’t approaching as a negative you are telling him that guys that wear that smell are hot and that’s what he wants you to feel about him!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 11:43 am #145372

yeah there’s never an easy or good way to approach this – because you never know how the person would react.
    I think ShyGirl has a good idea – mention a scent you really love and approach it as, “i’d love to see how you smell in that scent…”

another tactic is to reassure him that you’re totally into him and are really looking forward to getting closer and more involved and intimate.. and if he could do a favor for you to help that happen – then mention the scent you really enjoy and would love to smell on him, etc.

if you are at the point you are intimate then maybe you start bringing products with you for those intimate times that can also help (say if you bathe together?) and help him put some scent on that would help…. (it’s kinda cute when a woman dresses up her man or helps him to make him look – and smell – good…)

you’ll have to feel your guy out to see which way you think he’d be receptive to. direct vs flirty/sensuouus vs subtle/hinting

Louis Richards
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 1:59 pm #145396

That is the best advice!! great idea @shygirl49

Lipstick_xx
    Participant
    August 14, 2017 at 8:54 pm #145477

I agree with ShyGirl. This way he will hopefully take the hint and you haven’t offended him by saying it directly

JaimeLynn
    Participant
    August 15, 2017 at 1:22 am #145501

Mine was a 30 something year old and he never bathed. He would shower every two weeks or so…sometimes longer. I did subtle hinting for months. Like, “I love how you smell after a shower. It’s so sexy.” or “I love how your hair smells after a shower.” I got so desperate I would ask him to fool around in the shower to bathe him! It got to the point I said, you stink, shower or we’re not having sex. It’s fine in the beginning when things are new and you don’t want to upset anyone but after you get comfy, any time you’re intimate or close, it’s repulsing. I know that sounds mean but honesty. It became “shower or we can’t be together” he’s still of stinking somewhere after our two years together. Nip that quick. If the subtle hints work like it does on most guys, awesome if not…ehhh.

FrustratedGuy
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 9:44 am #145659

I agree with Shygirl49

loveisforever
    Participant
    August 17, 2017 at 12:18 am #145830

Thank you all. Great advice.

Artemisia
    Artemisia
    Participant
    August 17, 2017 at 3:01 pm #145914

Mine was a 30 something year old and he never bathed. He would shower every two weeks or so…sometimes longer. I did subtle hinting for months. Like, “I love how you smell after a shower. It’s so sexy.” or “I love how your hair smells after a shower.” I got so desperate I would ask him to fool around in the shower to bathe him! It got to the point I said, you stink, shower or we’re not having sex. It’s fine in the beginning when things are new and you don’t want to upset anyone but after you get comfy, any time you’re intimate or close, it’s repulsing. I know that sounds mean but honesty. It became “shower or we can’t be together” he’s still of stinking somewhere after our two years together. Nip that quick. If the subtle hints work like it does on most guys, awesome if not…ehhh.

That is so gross. What were his reasons for not showering??!

Tgayanich
    Participant
    August 18, 2017 at 2:03 pm #146088
    Reply To: Love him hate the smell

Ask him If you can borrow his deodorant and When He doesn’t have any offer to buy him some Haha. I’ve had this exact thing done to me and it works.