Making an impression

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Making an impression

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Stephzzzz
    Participant
    May 30, 2017 at 1:51 am #137842
    Making an impression

I’m in my early twenties and there is this guy in my philosophy class. He would normally sit opposite of me in the class room and lately he has been sitting in the seats near me. There’s something about him that stands out from the rest of the guys I liked, something about his voice, or the way he speaks his mind. Thing is timing is never right and I have this week to see him and I don’t know how to make a first impression. And I don’t even know his name. What shall I do?

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  Stephzzzz.

hopefulromantic
    Participant
    May 31, 2017 at 4:29 pm #138045

Why not introduce yourself or ask a question about a past lecture?

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 6:21 pm #138501

Forget your pencilcase and ask for a pencil. You probably know the basics. Smile, thank him and maybe even touch your hair a bit or whatever you prefer to do to get your charm across.

When you give the pencil back you have a chance to ask him “I don’t even know your name… I’m Steph”. If the mood is to continue the conversation after that you’ll know best yourself. Even if he didn’t notice you in particular till that point, eye contact with a smiling girl will make him aware.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by Kenneth87 Kenneth87.

mnm12345
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 7:54 pm #138510

You could always.. during lecture or something ask him if he could lend you his notes? Say, I didn’t get the last part did you happen to get it? Or make a comment about the class.. Like “That was so confusing, did you get any of it?”. Not to say you should play “dumb” but just the little things.. and have it build up from there.

Kenneth87
    Kenneth87
    Participant
    June 5, 2017 at 8:27 pm #138517

Agreed mnm. Being a little bit devious goes a long way when it comes to introductions. When you’re having a conversation with him make sure you give him food for thought. Ideally he’ll want to jump at you, but restrain himself.