Man seeking the advice of a woman

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

soonerguy48
    Participant
    April 27, 2014 at 6:03 pm #51867

I am 47 years old and reconnected with someone I went to HS with. We started dating in November of 2013. So many common interests, fun and the passion was off the chart. Our only problem was the miles between us (90 miles). She is in a large city and I am in a small town. Early March she tells me we need to see other people that live closer to each of us. She said she gets lonely and I totally understood and accepted it even though I had developed very strong feelings for this wonderful woman. Mid March (spring break, she is a teacher) I ask to see her on a particular night and she said she had a date. I replied “Dang those big city guys!”. Her reply totally floored me and upset me. She had a date with a man that lives 20 miles from me. She still has HS friends around here and they set her up. I was crushed! I know I agreed to us dating others so maybe I am in the wrong to be upset. She had her date and we spoke the next morning: CONTINUED

soonerguy48
    Participant
    April 27, 2014 at 6:08 pm #51868

CONTINUED: I ended it the next day. I just could not justify dating someone that is further away than I am. She was sad and hurt. She Facebooked me and texted me for days saying stuff like this sucks, I miss you, I want to see you etc……She finally asked me if I would see her again and after just an hour of contemplating it I accepted with one concern. I told her I did not want to sleep with multiple people and I did not want to date someone who slept with multiple people. She agreed. Fast forward to April 12th. She posted on her Facebook page “Road trip” and the road trip was not to see me. I went nuts! I am a nice man who does not fight but I lost it. I have to admit I sent her some nasty texts and we argued for the first time ever for about an hour. I calmed down finally and told her to enjoy her night. While on her overnight stay with this man she sent me 7 text messages! The last one said “Please don’t throw me to the curb” CONTINUED

soonerguy48
    Participant
    April 28, 2014 at 8:42 am #51869

The following day she drove by my house and I wasn’t home. We have had many texts and conversations since and she gives me the cliché excuse that I am too nice and he is distant, doesn’t text her much and is not readily available! I thought this crap ended as we matured? Anyway, yesterday she shows up at my house telling me she misses me and she proceeds to stay the night! For me it was an incredible evening but as she left this morning she tells me that she misses me, thinks about me constantly and I am the only man in her life that treats her the ways she wants to be treated however she is not ready for a relationship and when I do move on she is going to be extremely sad. She has called me 4 times since she got home today and I always answer the phone. Ladies what do I do? Sever all ties? Ignore her? Any advice is appreciated because this man hurts. Thank you.

soonerguy48
    Participant
    April 28, 2014 at 8:42 am #51870

CONTINUED: She has stayed in contact and told me the old cliché line that I am too nice and that he is distant, not readily available and doesn’t contact her much. For the record 90% of our communication since her first date with him has been from her! I have stayed away. Anyway, yesterday she shows up at my house and proceeds to stay the night. For me it was an incredible day and night! She leaves this morning and tells me she is still not ready for a LTR and when I do move on she will be extremely sad. She gets home today and has called me 3 times! Just normal talk mind you. I don’t get it all. Ladies any advice will be appreciated. Do I sever all ties? Thank you.

Jadandee
    Participant
    April 28, 2014 at 11:31 pm #51942

I had a similar experience which I posted on a forum. That is where I learn about the idea of “She is just not into you”. Yep, she’ll tease you and she’ll hang in there for own selfish reasons but she is not interested in a relationship. At this point, I’d say she is just having fun until she finds the person she is looking for. You are just there til she does.