Man's advice on a nervous guy that seems to like me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lostinspace1973
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 7:54 am #144432

Known this guy for 3yrs, hardly ever speak. Over the past couple of mths he’s been liking & commenting on my FB posts, it wasn’t something I took much notice of until recently. In June I made a comment on his Insta story. He replied instantly,we chatted in the evening & he asked me what dating apps I was on – it was a light hearted conversation. We got chatting about F1/sports (see him every couple of weeks at circuits) & we swap pleasantries but it’s difficult to hold a conversation as he’s always busy. I saw him yesterday and he seems really nervous around me. I walked past him a couple of times & saw him glancing at me. We did speak and ask each other how we were etc., but he does seem shy and nervous in person. Friends read the conversations & they tell me he is definitely flirting with me and I should ask him out. His replies are long & detailed so he will reply to every bit of my message. I am so out of the dating game that I am scared to grow those balls and to ask him out.

Tired
    Tired
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 3:41 pm #144517

Stalemate. You’re not asking him out and he’s not asking you out.
    But, don’t ask him out on a date or say that it’s a date. Ask if he wants to come hang out and do something you like to do. But if you think he likes you and he’s really nervous around you give him some reassurance and tell him you think he’s cute.

gabe755
    Participant
    August 16, 2017 at 4:54 am #145642

This is one of those situations where you or the other person basically needs to make a move at some point or it will become too awkward and die off.