DATING ADVICE FORUM

Marriage – am I Naive?

Author
    Comments

• 2gornot2go
    Participant
    February 6, 2015 at 8:19 am #72723
    Marriage – am I Naive?

I’ve been dating a guy for eight months now. Four of those months I spent in Guatemala on a college cross-cultural, but I think the experience made us stronger as a couple. He works for the air force as an intelligence officer, and by August, will be moving somewhere overseas. He wants to get married before then, both so I can come with him and because we both think we’ve found the person we want to spend the rest of our lives with. Leaving now would mean leaving in the middle of college, though there would be universities I could attend overseas. I am also close to my family, who would not approve of the marriage. I suppose my biggest question is, am I wrong to be considering giving up one future for a different one with a man I love? I’ve had people tell me both that you should never let a man get in the way of your life, and that a relationship can be one of the most important things—that creating new goals and a new life with the person you love is not bad. (Continued…)

2gornot2go
    Participant
    February 6, 2015 at 8:20 am #72724

.(Continued) I love adventure and new experiences, and I know that he will support me in whatever I decide to do in life. I have found a person with whom I share similar life-goals and ambitions (someone who actually has ambition!), someone fun and exciting but emotionally solid. But am I being dewy eyed and naive? Is eight months too little time?