May have screwed things up after 3rd date, need advice from anyone

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

gradstudent91
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 6:21 pm #106367

Met a girl on a dating app a month ago. Second date we hooked up in my bed (no sex) and were very excited to see each other again. Texting each day and whatnot. The following Saturday after the second date, she invites me over for a movie. We watch the movie and then our minds go elsewhere; the sex is good but the condom ends up breaking on me but I forget to check after, she finds out later and takes Plan B and tells me she’s pissed and it’s not cool that I didn’t tell her, and that she doesn’t want to hang out again. I apologize and she backtracks, says she isn’t that mad and she will probably be down to hang out again, but needs space. I don’t text her for 4 days (so until last Thursday) and when I do I just ask to talk; she says no hard feelings about last time and that it was fun.

Ok. But since then, we have barely texted each other and I am afraid that I ruined things. Any contact between us has been terse, but I really like her & want to ask her out again. Any advice?

gradstudent91
    Participant
    July 24, 2016 at 6:31 pm #106368

Since I didn’t have enough characters, I have completely considered the possibility that the sex was just bad, but I think it would have been more obvious because she did seem like she was really enjoying it. She basically send me a text the night after and told me how upset she was about the condom thing; I feel like if the sex was bad she wouldn’t have retracted her statement when she originally said she didn’t want to hang out again. So I am just really confused and lost and am looking for advice from anybody who might be willing to listen or who has maybe been in a similar situation, because I really like this girl but I don’t want to waste time dwelling on it and move on with my life if she isn’t interested.

ab765
    Participant
    July 25, 2016 at 3:27 pm #106435

I had a similar thing happen to me. I was dating a girl for short period of time, maybe a month. We went out drinking one night, didn’t have a condom and decided to hookup anyways. I guess I got a little baby batter up there and needless to say she was pissed when she found out. I felt really bad and apologized. But, I didn’t waste any time letting her know how I felt about her. We ended up dating for two years and were married for another eight. My advice is if you like her don’t waste too much time letting her know. After something like that your reaction is going to give her insight into the kind of man you’d be if she gets pregnant in the future.