Me and a married woman. Advice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 9:10 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

TMM2015
    Participant
    October 20, 2017 at 5:37 am #153482

For 15 years I’ve been in love with a really good friend of mine. She recently hit me up again demanding I go to her bachelorette party as well as her wedding. I go to give my support to her but she ends up telling me she loves me. I think it’s cold feet and try explaining to her everything’s fine you’ve been excited why now. I end up holding her she falls asleep. Fast forward she makes it a point to come see me we end up getting drunk and I hook up with her. She continues to tell me that she doesn’t want to get married. So I offer her a out. She can live in the guest room I’ll cover what ever she thought her dad would lose from calling it off. And all I wanted was for her to see she didn’t need anyone in order to be happy. She ended up getting married but called me right after the ceremony and all through the night. To showing up the next day at my door crying.
    My question is: how do I walk away? I’m not a fool I know she made her choice but what do I do now? Is there any truth from

Loca
    Participant
    October 26, 2017 at 8:50 pm #154250

Do you want to remain in her life or do you really want to walk away?
    If you want to stay but it hurts you, be honest with her about that. It’s understandable that someone would want to walk away from someone they love but can’t be loved back. One, it’s respecting her marriage. Two, she needs her own time to herself, because she obviously isn’t sure what she wants either.
    You can choose to offer your shoulder for her to cry on and let her know that you will be waiting, or you can just be honest and explain to her why you can’t be involved. I’m sure you don’t want to just disappear and not let her know that you are walking away or why you did it.
    So it’s all up to you how you choose this ending.
    What does she want? Have you spoken since she came to your door? She probably needs you more than ever because you are a friend and you give her a sense of relief and probably security. It’s tricky because it can be tempting. Maybe you can work out an agreement.
    I wish you luck with this.