Me & my friend like the same girl! Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jackrlehman
    jackrlehman
    Participant
    February 20, 2016 at 10:13 pm #94011

So me and my best friend like the same girl, we talked about this recently, and i lied and said I used to like her, and he said he does like her. He feels like he deserves her (which he does) and I wish I would just not get in the way. The girl is a friend, who I talk to a lot, we have common interests and hobbies, while my best friend doesn’t have those attributes with her. He doesn’t want me to talk to her that much, but I can’t help myself, when her & I talk, our conversations are full of light, but when he talks to her, he talks about nothing but himself, and she seems to be board. I am afraid to make a move, as it has multiple bad outcomes. Plus I am un-sure that she likes me, or him. It’s very hard to read her.
    What should I do?

teo.xara
    Participant
    February 21, 2016 at 7:22 am #94018

This is a big problem, i thing you have to choose between a friend and a girl, and the worse of all is to lose them both. if your friend make anything with that girl, at the end of the day he will not want you to be around (as he doesn’t want you to talk her now). So the best you can to is to sit down and talk face to face with your friend.
    But based on my experience, if i were you, i would not care about my friend ( i was with a girl around 3 years and my bro took her. Both, my ex and my friend didn’t care about me so… )and i would do what makes me feel good, like make the first step.

jackrlehman
    jackrlehman
    Participant
    February 21, 2016 at 10:40 am #94023

Alright thank you, I will consider that.

darkfaith
    Participant
    February 22, 2016 at 9:07 am #94016

Man… this is a bad position to be in but I feel like he is the one in the wrong… In the end it’s really her choice. not his or really even yours. If he can’t accept that and be happy for you, he’s not much of a friend anyway…

djames
    djames
    Participant
    February 22, 2016 at 12:00 pm #94074

You need to find out if she’s interested in him at all. If she isn’t, you need to have that talk with him. Lay it all out and be honest, he might be mad for a bit but it won’t last. Neither of you are close enough with this girl to drive a wedge between your friendship.