Me the Other Boyfriend or Her the Mistress

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:25 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Paul
    Participant
    December 29, 2015 at 3:26 pm #90684

I’m recently separated and have been seeing this girl on and off for two weeks. She has a boyfriend. I fetched her from the airport the other night, she said she missed me, and she hugged and kissed me on the cheek. While together, we were as per usual giggling, laughing and teasing.

I didn’t know how we got into discussing this but she asked me what I wanted out of what we had: did I want myself to be her “other boyfriend”, or did I want her to be my mistress. She said she’s not comfortable thinking that people might get hurt. She said she might need time to think where I stand.

But the fun and teasing continued after that. I’d normally kiss her lips before dropping her off and she would normally text me not to do that again, but it still happens every time anyway. That night we kissed with her eyes closed, longer and passionately, then bade goodbye.
    I did not contact her since then thinking she needed space. It’s been two days that I haven’t heard from her. Please advise.

lovememore
    Participant
    December 30, 2015 at 10:40 am #90727

She is taken and is cheating with you. She is already hurting her current boyfriend ignorantly. You and her is what’s called thrill. She say she needs time but the reality is that she likes two men at once. The reason she asked you that question is to see if you are seriously in love with her. If you couldn’t answer that you want her only, then its obvious she doesn’t mean much.

You need to be honest with her and let her know that she should breakup with her other boyfriend and that she is who you want to be with. If you are also in a relationship while romancing her, then she knows you are a liar. Words don’t speak as much as action. Show that you are a man of your words.

Relationup
    Participant
    December 30, 2015 at 11:32 am #90728

Paul, It’s clear that this love interest isn’t serious about dating just you. Given that you’re recently separated, do you want to jump into something with someone who is supposed to be in a committed relationship with someone else. It seems like dating right now would be great for you as you’re taking a break from a more serious relationship, but do you want to be with a person who’s cheats on those they’re supposed to be in love with and loyal to? This seems like it will only lead to heartache on your part.