Meeting Girls

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Meeting Girls

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:41 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    January 11, 2017 at 3:51 pm #122652
    Meeting Girls

I’m a Freshman in college and I’m having trouble finding girls that would be interested in me. I know this is supposed to be the easiest time in my life to meet girls, but I’m not big on partying, and I’m not old enough to go to a bar, and my major is pretty male dominant, so it’s hard to meet girls though classes. For the last couple months I’ve been reliant on dating sites like OKC and Tinder, and it’s sort of worked, I’ve gotten a few dates with different girls, but I think it would be easier to keep a girl’s interest if we’ve already met in person at least once before texting. I don’t know what to do. Please help.

carlosescarlos
    Participant
    January 12, 2017 at 5:43 pm #122857

I graduated from college over 2 years ago.Here’s what I have to say: TAKE RISKS! Join clubs and organizations. Don’t hesitate talking to the cute girl in that club. Sit next to girls in your lecture halls. That includes ones you’re not interested in…because guess what!? If you hang out with her, she’ll have other friends she’ll bring along, and you can get to know them as well!

Don’t fall under the trap of “I’m not a partier.” There are so many ways to meet girls. It’s only now that I understand that college is the time to get experience under your belt. I’m 25 now, and it’s hard to meet women after college. Good luck, and remember..don’t hesitate! Talk to her, and force yourself into social situations to make it happen!

multisamsami
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 5:17 am #122868

Hey,
    I think a good way to meet girls are dance classes, like salsa or tango. Salsa is pretty popular so you’ll meet a lot of girls there. If you like to sing, you can join a choir. Acting classes are also really good. I suggest you choose an environment where you feel confortable, and you don’t only go because of girls but also because you like the activity in itself

baffled
    Participant
    January 13, 2017 at 12:46 pm #122970

Join groups that interest you and you will meet peoplewith similar interests.

January 14, 2017 at 5:11 am #123036

Try mixed social sports comps – eg. indoor beach volleyball

lilanux
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 7:37 am #123042

I think there are already very good tips on meeting girls – especially the dance classes, because there are often way more women than men and you can have your pick.

Concerning Tinder etc. – If you like a girl and you text, you should ask her out for a coffee or similar quite soon, so you can meet in person. If teh spark isn’t there you could at least be friends, stay in contact and maybe meet up with friends and acquantainces of yours. A lot of my friends have found their partner over different friend circles.

Countryangel707
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 8:50 am #123045

Also in college. I’d say you just have to be bold and talk to them.

carol1973
    carol1973
    Participant
    January 14, 2017 at 10:01 am #123051

How about joining a club on campus, or a local group that interests you. Not all girls are partiers either, by the way. You could also attend sporting events.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 10:57 pm #123619

you already answered your qeustion and dint’ realize it. “i think it’s eaiser to date when we’ve already met first”. RIGHT! you see.. every single moment you are in public is “an opportunity to meet women!” at the grocery store, the cafe, in class, walking to/from class, at the gym, etc. last time i checked females frequentd all those places! another place (great place) to meet gals is activity clubs – so intramural sports, activity clubs at school, student associations, participating in different events around school.

most people dont’ find their loved ones at “dating locations” like clubs, bars, dating sites. they tend to meet them in real life or thru a friend or a social event they attended with a friend – hit it off with somebody – then eventually dated.

so get out there doing the stuff you enjoy doing. realize that anytime you are out and about is an “opportunity” that you might hit it off with somebody. talk. exchange numbers. keep talking. if it goes well – ask them out!

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 18, 2017 at 10:59 pm #123620
    Reply To: Meeting Girls

the great thing about activity clubs is.. you already KNOW you have somethign in common you both enjoy and could ALWAYS do together as an outting and date 🙂

its’ not as hard as it seems.
    it’s not as hard as you are making it.

they key is to just always be open/aware that at any moment you could bump into somebody you hit it offf with.. so don’t shut your blinders into thinking the only time/places to ask people on a date are… “date places”…

Dreieinigkeitsmoses
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 1:45 am #123631

I have the same problem as you, the only thing I can say is to keep your head up and never surrender. Maybe one day things will work out.

JackSpedicy
    Participant
    January 19, 2017 at 3:28 am #123633

Try to meet as many girls as you can and eventually you will find the perfect match. What you are doing on Tinder is good.