DATING ADVICE FORUM

Meeting her friends

Author
    Comments

• BlunderBuss
    Participant
    April 4, 2017 at 8:06 pm #132101
    Meeting her friends

So I met the friends of a girl I’ve been dating, and… I think it could’ve gone better. We didn’t argue, and I didn’t flirt with them or anything, but I was super shy, as I naturally am. The most I really said was a few jokes or comments about what was being talk about, which got a few laughs, but I could’ve tried harder to get to know them. To be fair, a lot of what was talked about were about people I don’t know, but still. I don’t think it was so bad that I failed some kind of test, she’s texted me since, and when I apologized for being so quite, she said she thought it was endearing. She already knew this about me. It wasn’t a shock that I’m not a social butterfly. But I am worried her friends don’t like me. Especially one, who she also happens to be really close with. I may be over analyzing. It wasn’t anything more than weird vibes. I’m worried about what that means for the future though. Is there anything I can do? Or am I over-reacting?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 1:46 pm #132229

you’re fine.. quit worrying so much about what others think of you or “how you did” or “the impresssion you made.” The whole trick is to just be yourself and enjoy and let the chips fall where they may. Your job is NOT to impress anybody or make any statements and try to be something you are not.

Natural.. the real you. thats always the best way to go. As you seemed to do that for the most part – you did fine.

What are you meaning by “what does this mean for the future?” That wasn’t clear.

If she’s having you meet her friends – that’s a GREAT sign. So just keep doing what you’re doing and don’t worry about it.

BlunderBuss
    Participant
    April 5, 2017 at 3:27 pm #132253

I just meant that if the one friend had a problem with me, it might be a cause for tension later. It’s probably nothing though.