Meeting Offline

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Meeting Offline

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:05 pm #15499
    Meeting Offline

Nerve-racking meetups and awkward dates. Tell us what happened when you met your match, offline.

chris_08
    chris_08
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 1:01 pm #15541

I met a nice lady at a coffee shop and went to a live cover band show, after. It was perfect weather, conversation went well too

sphinx_s
    sphinx_s
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 5:20 pm #15651

I don’t see why people bother with online dating, it’s most of the time a scam. I’ve seen way too many tv shows about people meeting and it being a gang bang or kidnapping..

lookingaround
    lookingaround
    Participant
    October 26, 2012 at 12:19 pm #15741

so i met this broad online. her profile picture was cute, she said she was into def leppard and gnr and that she was a sensual lady—her words,not mine. so we meet up for some wings at buffalo wild wings and things are goin real good, were talking about our favorite axemen from the 80s. she asks to see my place. is till live with my mother but I have the garage apartment all to myself and we get up there and things are goin pretty good, very hot if u kno what i mean, and then all of a sudden she kicks me in the balls and grabs my wallet and runs downstairs. Online dating is such a scam

AngelsFly
    AngelsFly
    Participant
    October 26, 2012 at 12:22 pm #15744

You are disgusting, and part of the reason why it’s so hard to meet a nice woman online without her thinking you’re a creep with a bad mustache, sweatpants, and flip flops. Which you probably are.

Caroline
    Caroline
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 10:49 am #16234

chris_08 wrote:I met a nice lady at a coffee shop and went to a live cover band show, after. It was perfect weather, conversation went well too

I’m stealing this idea. Glad it worked out for you.

RedRobinYumm
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 10:26 am #16752

sphinx_s wrote:I don’t see why people bother with online dating, it’s most of the time a scam. I’ve seen way too many tv shows about people meeting and it being a gang bang or kidnapping..

I wouldn’t say all of it is a scam

carlycatz
    carlycatz
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm #17031

Yea, it’s not a scam, it’s mostly a sketchy place. you don’t have any idea who you’re going to meet when you’re finally away from your computer. It’s a risk like being set up for a blind date or something.

My grandma met a guy, it was funny I ended up coming with her but I sat at another table down the aisle. At first I was nervous for her and a bit scared f it was some hitman. Thankfully, it turned out to be a nice date and I felt the butterflies in MY stomach! I hope I won’t have to do that again with her though, it was really a lot scarier than rewarding (especially since I was chaperoning0

carol
    carol
    Participant
    November 23, 2012 at 11:42 am #17133

I didn’t have the experience of meeting someone though a dating site, but my cousin did. She actually backed out of the first meeting but took him up on it the 2nd time he asked. They met at a very public place and had a nice conversation but the spark wasn’t there. They did stay friends but no romance.

RedRobinYumm
    Participant
    November 26, 2012 at 6:31 pm #17266
    Reply To: Meeting Offline

theres just always such a difference between the profile pic and the actual face…..

NYC_guy
    NYC_guy
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 11:55 am #17783

I didn’t have the experience of meeting someone though a dating site, but my cousin did. She actually backed out of the first meeting but took him up on it the 2nd time he asked. They met at a very public place and had a nice conversation but the spark wasn’t there. They did stay friends but no romance.

That’s good they stayed friends even though it didn’t work out. A lot of ppl can be so bitter about a match not working in their favor.

wtop0_0
    Participant
    December 5, 2012 at 1:03 pm #18209

theres just always such a difference between the profile pic and the actual face…..

I just read an article from this site that talked about profile pictures-funny. Some girls go way too far with their makeup and put a ton of low-cut-shirt pictures, just doesn’t work for me. What ever happened to a big smile and a nice outfit with your pet haha?

harrytimes
    Participant
    December 13, 2012 at 1:08 pm #18748

lol to “a big smile and a nice outfit with your pet”

thought of a corny instagram picture when I read that 😆

Catalyst68
    Catalyst68
    Participant
    April 9, 2013 at 6:33 pm #28152

Oh boy. I met a guy recently after chatting online for a week at a popular bar for a basketball game and it was a bit awkward. I cam with one friend and he was already there with his entire fraternity. It was NOT a first date or anywhere near a situation for me to get to know him on a personal level. I didn’t want to beg for attention so I stayed on the other side of the bar with my friend after I said hello to him, but it was obvious he was just being friendly by inviting me there and not making an effort to get to know me.