meeting with my ex. what are the do's and dont's?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

cal-one
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 2:07 pm #67901

So my ex and I went through a bad break up about 2 and 1/2 months ago. We talked for the first time 3 days ago, and since then held 2 conversations. In those conversations we argued for a bit then proceeded to have decent conversations. We both have admitted to still have feelings for each other. We are meeting at a coffee shop this afternoon. I’m a little nervous about seeing her again, don’t know what to expect. I don’t want to push her away, argue or anything of that sort. My goal is to eventually make amends. Need some advice on how to go about the meeting today. Help.

mxrider2199
    Participant
    November 21, 2014 at 5:18 pm #67944

Kinda depends on why you broke up…

cal-one
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 9:32 am #67953

We broke up because she thought i was flirting and cheating with women on Facebook. Which was not true. There were some passive messages on my profile. When we broke up the first time, i seized the opportunity to meet one of those gals. When we got back together i kept it from her, she found out consequently we broke up

lostlove24
    lostlove24
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 10:18 am #68024

I think you need to be honest with her. Let her know what you’re feeling, and apologize for the mistakes you made. If you both want to make this work you both have to lay out what you want in this relationship. You both need to be open, honest, and communicate good. Just tell her how you feel, why you regret the things you did, and remind her you love her.

Symfony
    Participant
    November 24, 2014 at 5:01 pm #68104

Man …. well … be honest, try to apolegize and show her that you have changed …

rovis77
    Participant
    November 25, 2014 at 8:15 am #68135

act like a different person

cal-one
    Participant
    November 26, 2014 at 4:36 am #68199

Thanks everyone. I will take your advice. I was sort of thinking a long those lines also. I have met up with her since and i was honest, told her I love her, and that i truly regretted what had happened. We continue to text each other back and forth. I hope i can continue to be in contact with her.

TheMoor
    Participant
    November 28, 2014 at 2:11 am #68271

I don’t think you should meet her. After all, you broke up for a reason…