Men- I need your advice He asked me to be his Side Chick

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:33 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ryannt
    Participant
    October 30, 2014 at 9:17 pm #66882

I met this guy online and we went out on a few dates and we really enjoyed each other’s company. The last time we went out as he was leaving he says I have a girlfriend and we can’t be serious, but you can be my side chick. I showed him the door. The following day he called and somehow got me to talk to him. At this point I had gotten a little emotional attached. My question is should I feel better he told me up front instead of 6 months down the road? I have not seen him since that evening, but last week he text and says we will get together real soon. My next question is I want to know or understand why would he ask me that as if it’s a normal everyday question.

dyach
    Participant
    October 31, 2014 at 6:16 pm #66921

I’m not sure what your question is? What did he ask you?

My advice is stay away from any man who tells you that you can be his “side chick.” You were right for showing him the door. Don’t even answer his calls. A man who thinks of you as his side chick does not respect you. If you get emotionally attached to a man like that, and one day he really breaks your heart, it could take a while to recover from something like that. If you become his “main girl” then there could be another “side chick” that he has. You don’t need that in your life. You have too much self respect. I can already tell.

lostjacket
    Participant
    November 1, 2014 at 1:11 pm #66926

I’d want no part of this…