messed up while flirting a potential girlfriend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

denver35
    Participant
    April 18, 2014 at 5:00 pm #51504

Hi to all. I’ve known her for more than a year. We’re friends in the locality. she has a steady boyfriend (out of state) but the type that has a large group of friends both male and female with whom she goes out often. When ever she is with her boyfriend. it seems her body language betrays her interest in him. So I try my luck. Steadily. ..since I see her almost every day. … by talking normally. .. texting quotes and jokes. …more from my side and very less from her. ..,
    When we meet it seems the chemistry is good and have the same temperament and outlook. .. sparks fly when ever we are alone. .

And of late we have been exchanging some flirty/adult jokes and I tried to control myself. Again very less from her side but she never complaint. Which boost my courage but mess up while teasing her. She sent an ego sentence ending with “!!”

I tried to ignore and sent two more third party jokes but she stopped responding. I said I was sorry. No response. I sent sorry emoticons…

denver35
    Participant
    April 18, 2014 at 5:12 pm #51512

Sent sorry emoticons and then said that if she is still angry with me then I will be sending jokes till I run out of them. ….

I waited then send two more short jokes (all on whatsapp) then suddenly she blocked me. ….. I know I mess up and want her friendship back. … esp since we o going to be physically seeing each other a lot in the future. ….awkward. …but more importantly I want her back. she inspres me….. should I apologize through sms or wait. … I forgot to mention that the same thing has happened in the past and eventually we became flirty again after about two months time. Attraction is real between us. …Please help. ..

hailsbooher
    Participant
    April 20, 2014 at 2:00 am #51519

Wait until she talks to you again. She may be feeling guilty because of this out of state boyfriend. Wait for her to be ready to resume the friendship and explain whats going on. As of now you’re not making it better because shes probably trying to get her head on straight and you’re keeping her from that. When and if she talks to you again take everything slow. If you think shes back to flirting and the chemistry is there ask her what she thinks about it. And be ready for a negative response. She may just want a friend and doesnt realize shes leading you on as much as she is.

mephesto
    Participant
    April 20, 2014 at 2:52 pm #51526

You need to leave her alone.

Damage is done, and no matter how much pleading and apologizing you do can help that. Time can, however. Since you were friends, in time the severity of whatever you did might fade and the feelings of why she liked you in the first place may return.

On to the jokes and emoticons. STOP THAT SHIT. No one really likes them, it makes you seem immature and look creepy instead of flirty. Seriously women want a MAN, not an awkward BOY sending crude jokes.

Do yourself a favor and text like you would talk to her. In person would you say these things? Would you look at her and say “winkie face”? No, you wouldn’t. So don’t do it in a text either. When you get an idea of something you want to say to her, ask your self “is this something James Bond would do?” Bond is suave, confident, and sophisticated. This is what women are drawn to in a man. Why not use him as an example of how to be a refined sophisticated man?

denver35
    Participant
    April 21, 2014 at 9:12 am #51522

thanks a lot “hailsbooher”…

it helped a lot.

goodnews: yesterday she unblocked me again(whatsapp) in the middle of the day, which made me very happy… but i didn’t send her anything. as you said and also felt correct… i waited.

betternews: in the evening she talked to me again in front of others… making lots of eye contact in a social way as if nothing has happened …me very very happy (i am not surprised though…since it is social)…

to test the waters…before bed, i send her a picturequote of candles with “a candle loses nothing by lighting another candle”

no respond……

on a subconscious level i always feel confident (especially at the time when she talked to me again after we stopped talking) that i will get her somehow someday. but these day-to-day situations sometimes make me insecure or unsure….

i thing i should wait more….. what do you think….?

denver35
    Participant
    April 21, 2014 at 9:12 am #51518

Sorry guys I still need to clearly explain my situation.

She is the type who has a large group of friends whom she goes out often.

I also see a lot of her with her boyfriend when he visits her. so I or any other observant person can tell that she is not that into him.

In the past I have done something similar like showing too much interest in her (through texting only, very normal and controlled while talking to her)when I saw her enjoying my flirting and giving some green signals… she knows that I know she has a steady boyfriend.

Im not new to dating but yes this time I doubt as to what to do.

denver35
    Participant
    April 21, 2014 at 9:12 am #51533

Thanks mephesto…… for some insights. .

You are right. ..women want a MAN. but the jokes and emoticons are what started the escalations from clean to adult, suggestive ones… yes of late she started sending adult jokes with emoticons. and when I meet or see her after that, her eyes showed that she enjoyed the text exchanges. For updates. … she unblocked me in WhatsApp and talked to me as if nothing has happened. I also get good vibes from her last talk. But as hailsbooher said. . I need to go slow this time while at the same time look for opportunity to escalate things…. Thanks anyway for the reply. …. my fingers crossed. ….