Messed up with this girl

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Messed up with this girl

Author
    Comments
  • October 26, 2016 at 1:00 am #115328
    Messed up with this girl

Basically I started texting a girl recently after not speaking for 4 years; I used to have a crush on her and it was mentioned she may have on me at the time. We’ve been getting on well and texting quite a lot and there’s been lots of banter between the two of us. I hate texting and would rather talk to someone face to face to gauge their feelings. However I thought there were several signs she liked me but I’d like to hear what you guys think, this emoji ๐Ÿ˜‚ has caused me whether to think it’s joking or lighten up the conversation. I implied in a message that I wasn’t as shy as I used to be so she wrote, would you talk to me in person then ๐Ÿ˜‚.At one point I sent a message and it didn’t come across as intended so I explained it was wrong and sounded like a really creepy way of asking someone out, she replied saying some other things and asked if I was asking her out. I said I wasn’t but I’d be happy to try our drinking theory out one day if you are,

October 26, 2016 at 1:11 am #115329

She said she wouldn’t be opposed to it. This is where I was so stupid, I wanted to know how she felt but without actually asking her out so I implied I thought she wanted to go for a drink. This put all the pressure on her and wasn’t the smartest move, she then basically said she didn’t know where I got the idea of this from and said well it was good talking to you. I’ve shown some of my friends the conversation and even though we’ve both been using ๐Ÿ˜‚after the banter so not sure if it’s real or joking they said there’s several points were I should have asked her properly. I’m not sure if the reason she ended the conversation is because she thought I wasn’t interested and accusing her of trying to get me to ask her out or she just isn’t interested