Met a girl but won't be able to see her for three weeks

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 1:56 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

johnny5isalive
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 1:16 pm #73567

So I met a girl through a speed dating event, we matched and then met up for a real date this saturday just gone. That date coincided with valentines day and I booked us a table at a pub (i’m in the UK) even though I wasn’t sure if that was a good thing to do on a first date and it turned out she was expecting to go for just drinks. Anyway the meal went ok which I paid for but now I’m uncertain what to do. Do I text her to say what a great time I had on the date? (tonight) At the end of the date she said she was busy this week so couldn’t meet up and this weekend i’m off for 2 weeks snowboarding in Japan., which I told her about, so I won’t be seeing her for at least three weeks. Also should I text or call her from Japan to say what a great time I’m having?? I’m a little worried that if I don’t do anything by the time I’m back in the UK things will have gone cold. But then maybe if I don’t contact her it won’t sound needy and will be mysterious. Any advice please?

DKing3
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 3:37 pm #73569

Hmm well I would definitely keep in touch with her. If you all had a good time then go off that and still try to text, and talk. BUT i wouldn’t focus so much on your time unfortunately. I would try and ask her questions about how she is doing so it sounds like you are interested and if she is interested she will ask you questions about your time there

DKing3
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 3:37 pm #73572

Well I would still keep in touch through the three weeks. Call and text her when you can. But when you do, try to keep it about her and not as much about you. You want to make her feel like you care about her and are still interested in her and not just talk about you. She will ask you questions about you and how you are and such

DKing3
    Participant
    February 17, 2015 at 3:53 pm #73591

Wow! Sorry Haha I sent twice because I didnt think the first one sent!!

bobo00
    Participant
    February 22, 2015 at 3:23 pm #73885

Whatt

sebdhaese
    Participant
    February 23, 2015 at 2:25 am #73908

I agree with DKing3. Keep in tough. Ask her e-mail or maybe skype with her (skype also has a messager, so without cam and mic). Google “long distance dating” , maybe you will find some stuff to do.